FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: "Brutal Desecration of The Holy Eucharist"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Link

[Image: Eucharist.jpg]

The online video sharing site YouTube allows videos of brutal attacks on the Holy Eucharist.
PLEASE SEND YOUR PETITION >>>>>>

Perhaps the worst is: How To Desecrate the Host 1: Butane Torch

• 14 seconds in, it assures the viewer:
“Real host acquired from a Catholic Church”
   It shows a host being held in a needle-nose plier while an off-screen person lights a butane torch and thoroughly burns the host to a crisp.
   It was posted on YouTube by user name HostDesecrator. Can such a name leave any doubt as to the author’s intentions? I think not.
   Is this not pure malice…silent, brutal, and straight-to-the-point?
   Please Tell YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki To Take Down These Videos

A better option instead of some petition (which will probably be ignored) is to submit an abuse report to YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/reportabuse

The options to choose are the following :

Hate Speech against a Protected Group.
Religious affiliation (examples : Muslims, Christians)
Channel URL : HostDesecrator

This will pop up a variety of options.
Select the three videos he has put up
In the comments section at the bottom explain that this person's channel name and all three videos are about his desecration of "the most holy object in the Catholic religion". He has stolen these objects and is promoting hatred against Catholics by his actions.

Don't make religious arguments or talk about the "Blessed Sacrament" in the comments. That's not the place for this and the reviewer is likely to reject your complaint if it's not straight-forward and matter of fact. 

So straight-forward : He is desecrating the most holy object for Catholics. He Stole this. He is promoting, by his channel and videos, hatred toward Catholics and possibly other people doing this. This is not debate or free speech. It is theft and hate speech.

(Much as I hate that term YouTube and other public figures are very sensitive to such things these days, so it's a good practical tool, even if it's based on a false premise).

You could also mention that the author is also hateful toward Muslims in the video where he draws Mohammad on the host (which Muslims would consider sacrilegious, as they think all images and representations of human form sacrilegious). Again, it's a false premise, but if YouTube doesn't want to take it down because it's abusive toward Catholics, perhaps they will do so because it's abusive toward Muslims, and we get the benefit anyway.
Thanks, Jovan and MM.  I did what I could to alert YouTube.
YouTube can be so innocent, but then promotes such sacrilege as the desecration of what is purported to be a Consecrated Host, taken from a Catholic Church. In this particular case, at least, it was apparently burned.

Reprehensible!

Go to provided ...link, here... to sign petition.

Quote:[Image: HOSTD-BD-666x233.jpg]

The online video sharing site YouTube allows videos of brutal attacks on the Holy Eucharist.

Perhaps the worst is: How To Desecrate the Host 1: Butane Torch
  • 14 seconds in, it assures the viewer:
“Real host acquired from a Catholic Church”

It shows a host being held in a needle-nose plier while an off-screen person lights a butane torch and thoroughly burns the host to a crisp.
   It was posted on YouTube by user name HostDesecrator. Can such a name leave any doubt as to the author’s intentions? I think not.
   Is this not pure malice…silent, brutal, and straight-to-the-point?

Please Tell YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki To Take Down These Videos
Duplicate thread : https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/showth...?tid=80979

It's important to double check before posting.

Note : Petitions like this are not how YouTube works. File a Hate Speech complaint on the platform, that will get their attention and probably action much more quickly.

I also note that the link is to "American Needs Fatima" a TFP front, so I certainly imagine this is at least partially to build up their mailing list/fundraising, since they videos have been up for nearly 7 years, and only now is there this great outrage (a typical TFP tactic).
(02-06-2018, 03:57 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]A better option instead of some petition (which will probably be ignored) is to submit an abuse report to YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/reportabuse

The options to choose are the following :

Hate Speech against a Protected Group.
Religious affiliation (examples : Muslims, Christians)
Channel URL : HostDesecrator

This will pop up a variety of options.
Select the three videos he has put up
In the comments section at the bottom explain that this person's channel name and all three videos are about his desecration of "the most holy object in the Catholic religion". He has stolen these objects and is promoting hatred against Catholics by his actions.

Don't make religious arguments or talk about the "Blessed Sacrament" in the comments. That's not the place for this and the reviewer is likely to reject your complaint if it's not straight-forward and matter of fact. 

So straight-forward : He is desecrating the most holy object for Catholics. He Stole this. He is promoting, by his channel and videos, hatred toward Catholics and possibly other people doing this. This is not debate or free speech. It is theft and hate speech.

(Much as I hate that term YouTube and other public figures are very sensitive to such things these days, so it's a good practical tool, even if it's based on a false premise).

You could also mention that the author is also hateful toward Muslims in the video where he draws Mohammad on the host (which Muslims would consider sacrilegious, as they think all images and representations of human form sacrilegious). Again, it's a false premise, but if YouTube doesn't want to take it down because it's abusive toward Catholics, perhaps they will do so because it's abusive toward Muslims, and we get the benefit anyway.
Actually, MM, whilst I am doing what you suggest and will spread the word, I know of a very recent case where a petition did work, and worked within days. A channel that shows and discusses ancient weapons was taken down for 'promoting violence'. There was a massive petition submitted, fuelled by other channels that do the same thing, and within days the channel had been reinstated.
I noted in Zedta's duplicate thread, but will also note here that a second reason not to sign a petition, but instead report things to YouTube, aside from the effectiveness side of things, is that the petition is from "American Needs Fatima," a front for the TFP.

The videos have been up for nearly 7 years, but now this is a big deal. The petition must be recent as well since it is looking to petition Susan Wojcicki, who was only made CEO of YouTube in Feb 2014 (nearly four years after these videos were posted).

While these videos should be removed, the best way to do so is to complain to YouTube in some quasi-organized effort, not to take months or years to circulate a petition which will easily be ignored. But, for older folks who are not familiar with how YouTube works, it's a perfect method for drawing attention to a problem, leading one to a petition website, where you will find other information about "America Needs Fatima" along with ways to donate and join a mailing list.

I'm not saying that these people have bad motives and are just using this sacrilege to further their own ends. They probably want to have action on the matter, but their method (and history) shows that they are a political group which thrives on donations and getting people interested always behind ambiguous conservative Catholic looking fronts.

So, complain, this will alert YouTube's censors, many will shoot us down, but if enough people complain this is Hate Speech, it is likely that at least one of those censors will agree and take down the videos.

A petition will just get filed in a drawer somewhere and ignored. But the donations and contacts it will bring in for the TFP will certainly not.
(02-06-2018, 02:36 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, MM, whilst I am doing what you suggest and will spread the word, I know of a very recent case where a petition did work, and worked within days. A channel that shows and discusses ancient weapons was taken down for 'promoting violence'. There was a massive petition submitted, fuelled by other channels that do the same thing, and within days the channel had been reinstated.

This was effective because there had been massive on-platform complaints about the algorithms which automatically flag content letting some horrific things through including sexual material on the YouTube Kids platform (masquerading a live-action cartoon/superhero stuff). The algorithms were made far too draconian to prevent this stuff, but then flagged legitimate things.

Certain channels were then the subject of massive online support, so they were reinstated after a manual review and the appeal of the take down.

A friend, who is a YouTuber explained the process to me. The online petition has little effect in such situations except, perhaps, to accelerate the appeal process, but really it was the big name, and thus high revenue YouTubers who were pushing things.

That's not what the TFP is doing here.
(02-06-2018, 02:30 PM)MagisterMusical Wrote: [ -> ]It's important to double check before posting.

I am unaware of this function. How does it work and how do I use it exactly?
(02-06-2018, 02:49 PM)Zedta Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-06-2018, 02:30 PM)MagisterMusical Wrote: [ -> ]It's important to double check before posting.

I am unaware of this function. How does it work and how do I use it exactly?

Read through the recent threads to see if what you wish to post is not already posted.
Pages: 1 2