FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Please take me what you think of this video.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry, just the picture showing the link is enough to make me not want to watch it!

From the GENERAL INSTRUCTION OF THE ROMAN MISSAL

Quote:328. Sacred vessels are to be made from precious metal. If they are made from metal that rusts or from a metal less precious than gold, then ordinarily they should be gilded on the inside.

329. In the dioceses of the United States of America, sacred vessels may also be made from other solid materials that, according to the common estimation in each region, are precious, for example, ebony or other hard woods, provided that such materials are suited to sacred use and do not easily break or deteriorate. This applies to all vessels which hold the hosts, such as the paten, the ciborium, the pyx, the monstrance, and other things of this kind.

From INSTRUCTION REDEMPTIONIS SACRAMENTUM issued by the Sacred Congregation for Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments

Quote:117. Sacred vessels for containing the Body and Blood of the Lord must be made in strict conformity with the norms of tradition and of the liturgical books. The Bishops’ Conferences have the faculty to decide whether it is appropriate, once their decisions have been given the recognitio by the Apostolic See, for sacred vessels to be made of other solid materials as well. It is strictly required, however, that such materials be truly noble in the common estimation within a given region, so that honour will be given to the Lord by their use, and all risk of diminishing the doctrine of the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharistic species in the eyes of the faithful will be avoided. Reprobated, therefore, is any practice of using for the celebration of Mass common vessels, or others lacking in quality, or devoid of all artistic merit or which are mere containers, as also other vessels made from glass, earthenware, clay, or other materials that break easily. This norm is to be applied even as regards metals and other materials that easily rust or deteriorate.
(02-08-2018, 12:40 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, just the picture showing the link is enough to make me not want to watch it!

That’s what I was thinking. I’m afraid I didn’t even notice the vessels though. I just know I don’t like seeing lay people pawing at the Sacrament.
(02-07-2018, 11:13 PM)FultonFan Wrote: [ -> ]

I see great respect for Christ, and celebration of His sacrifice of love taking on all the sins of the world and people eager to receive the Eucharist into their being in Hope and Gratitude of something yet to come when they will be reunited fully with Christ.
So, I actually watched the video and most of it is pretty solid Catholic Teaching. When he starts explaining the Eucharist in collective terms, I felt iffy. As for the thumbnail for the video, the actual clip is worse. The looks like he's cradling it in his arms (its not just an awkward pose, the man has a basket) and a woman comes up to receive a blessing and he "gives" it...which he can't because that schmo ain't a priest.

Terrible!

Nevertheless the video I'd say is "safe-ish" for the first 3 minutes. Though I don't know why you would choose this video when there are far better videos out there.
[quote pid='1362362' dateline='1518095496']
I see great respect for Christ, and celebration of His sacrifice of love taking on all the sins of the world and people eager to receive the Eucharist into their being in Hope and Gratitude of something yet to come when they will be reunited fully with Christ.
[/quote]

Yah, cuz nothing says "I'm attending a royal audience" like jeans and a sweatshirt.  Would you dress this way to meet the Queen of England?  How about His Holiness?  How about Jesus Himself?  Why is it people seem to think they can dress any way they choose to approach the King of Kings?  Could it be because they don't really believe they are receiving Him into themselves?  Walking up to just any old guy handing out the Eucharist like a cookie is hardly conducive to an understanding of the importance of He who has come down to that altar for you and I.  Dove77, get real.
(02-08-2018, 09:11 AM)dove77 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2018, 11:13 PM)FultonFan Wrote: [ -> ]

So do you feel this video marks out clearly that the Mass is a Sacrifice?