FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Would a schism be a good thing for the Church?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Of course, one would never objectively pray for a schism, but given the current state of affairs, it may become necessary to separate oneself from the apostates and heretics, in order to stay true to the Truth.  It is now bishop against bishop, and the faithful are more confused than ever, led by a pope who is actively working to undermine two thousand years of doctrine and tradition.  This is not saving souls - it is destroying souls.

So it almost begs the question: Would a schism actually be a good thing at this point in time?
I hear you. For true believers this is an issue, the rest of the people do not care. Today I had to go to my youngest child's prayer service, I felt like I was in the twilight zone. The theme was "Mindfulness" - as it progressed the teachers who lead the prayer services began talking about Buddhism and Hinduism. I was like WHAT???!!! They said" it is important to meditate and be mindful of those things which are important to us, the Monks of these faiths meditate daily. Christians should draw from this meditative practice held by them and be mindful of what is important to them. You could meditate on Mary or something or someone you hold dear and apply that to your life". Then another teacher got up with some kind of bell that looked like something in a Buddhist temple and said when I strike the bell I want you all to be mindful of what you want to be. She struck this bell which had this long drawn out ring that made me want to vomit. My daughter looked at me from across the room and rolled her eyes as I shook my head.

I am going to rip her out of that school. I am paying for a Catholic education and I am getting garbage. I will probably have to send her out of the school district because the public schools leave much to be desired. I am going to give them an ear full first. I have had enough of this garbage! Not only that, I am sitting there looking around watching all these sorry souls just sucking down this nonsense, like it was an enriching experience. It is craziness!!!! Also,the Priest there has a little too much sugar in his tank . He wasn't there, good thing for him because he would have gotten an ear full.

After I heard that stupid bell, I thought to myself, And they omit the bell of consecration at mass, and now they are ringing pagan, demon summoning bells. GIVE ME A BREAK! My family and I are not going to run all over the place for a true priest, I'll stick with my Lord, my husband and I will break bread and drink wine in memory of Christ. I do not need to take it from a heretic! The Holy Spirit is not with the heretic priest anyways. At least my family truly loves Christ. The Holy Spirit is who transform the bread and wine into our precious Lord and Christ.
(02-09-2018, 11:15 PM)AllSeasons Wrote: [ -> ]Of course, one would never objectively pray for a schism, but given the current state of affairs, it may become necessary to separate oneself from the apostates and heretics, in order to stay true to the Truth.  It is now bishop against bishop, and the faithful are more confused than ever, led by a pope who is actively working to undermine two thousand years of doctrine and tradition.  This is not saving souls - it is destroying souls.

So it almost begs the question: Would a schism actually be a good thing at this point in time?

Technically it already exists, it's called sedevacantism.
(02-09-2018, 11:15 PM)AllSeasons Wrote: [ -> ]Of course, one would never objectively pray for a schism, but given the current state of affairs, it may become necessary to separate oneself from the apostates and heretics, in order to stay true to the Truth.  It is now bishop against bishop, and the faithful are more confused than ever, led by a pope who is actively working to undermine two thousand years of doctrine and tradition.  This is not saving souls - it is destroying souls.

no
(02-10-2018, 12:14 AM)MyCupOverFlows Wrote: [ -> ]I hear you. For true believers this is an issue, the rest of the people do not care. Today I had to go to my youngest child's prayer service, I felt like I was in the twilight zone. The theme was "Mindfulness" - as it progressed the teachers who lead the prayer services began talking about Buddhism and Hinduism. I was like WHAT???!!! They said" it is important to meditate and be mindful of those things which are important to us, the Monks of these faiths meditate daily. Christians should draw from this meditative practice held by them and be mindful of what is important to them. You could meditate on Mary or something or someone you hold dear and apply that to your life". Then another teacher got up with some kind of bell that looked like something in a Buddhist temple and said when I strike the bell I want you all to be mindful of what you want to be. She struck this bell which had this long drawn out ring that made me want to vomit. My daughter looked at me from across the room and rolled her eyes as I shook my head.

I am going to rip her out of that school. I am paying for a Catholic education and I am getting garbage. I will probably have to send her out of the school district because the public schools leave much to be desired. I am going to give them an ear full first. I have had enough of this garbage! Not only that, I am sitting there looking around watching all these sorry souls just sucking down this nonsense, like it was an enriching experience.  It is craziness!!!!  Also,the Priest there has a little too much sugar in his tank . He wasn't there, good thing for him because he would have gotten an ear full.

After I heard that stupid bell, I thought to myself, And they omit the bell of consecration at mass, and now they are ringing pagan, demon summoning bells. GIVE ME A BREAK! My family and I are not going to run all over the place for a true priest, I'll stick with my Lord, my husband and I will break bread and drink wine in memory of Christ. I do not need to take it from a heretic! The Holy Spirit is not with the heretic priest anyways. At least my family truly loves Christ. The Holy Spirit is who transform the bread and wine into our precious Lord and Christ.
I feel for you I do because I had  my daughters in catholic schools in the late 90's and until they reached highschool. I was shocked at how much things changed in catholic school but in our case most of the lay teachers were traditional catholics however I found over time that many of the parents were using the catholic school for reasons other then wanting their children to learn about the catholic faith. Many parents were not catholic, and the local catholic school was cheaper then other private schools. Some parents were divorced and finding a cheaper private school seems to suit them in shared custody purposes. Some parents put their kids in catholic school because it was cheaper then other private schools and also on the way to their jobs! I also learned that many catholic pastors have not wanted to keep running todays catholic grammar schools and were glad when they could shut them down. I don't blame them.

Yes to what austenbosten said. 

Traditional Catholics will always stay true to traditional teachings. That's what makes us traditional. But 90% of sleepy Novus Ordo people don't even appear to know what's going on Amoris Laetitia-wise. The other 10% either know and think it's a good thing or else they know and don't care.
There was a rumour going around that Pope Francis was going to make ever priest pledge allegiance to his magisterium. This would cause a schism.
Revelation 17:13-14

13 These are of one mind and give over their power and authority to the beast; 14 they will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those with him are called and chosen and faithful.”

The chosen and faithful will never sign such a thing.
The Lord has been preparing me and others for this time. From among hundreds of my writings:

Proclaim

Shout with one voice as many waters, proclaim your love on high!

Rejoice with angelic host

O' Saints of God on high!

Roar like lions with dauntless strength,

Unwavering in dark of fear.

O' Saints of God Proclaim on high with a fierce battle cry,

"Who is like unto our God and who can do battle with Him!"

Mighty are His arms in battle, His blows leave His enemies

Dumbfounded, staggering in bewilderment. From whence He come?,

Mystified by His going.

Gird up O' faithful ones, righteous sons and daughters

For abysmal ocean waters swell,

Thine strength be in God the Father!

Saint Peter as our rock and Wisdom as our fortress we stand against
Tempest Tides,

Unvanquished by deriding winds of pompous pride!

Upon that mountain safe and sound with one voice

Proclaim

Jesus, Son of the Living God

Mighty is your name!
A formal schism can never be an intrinsically good thing. You could argue that certain results of a formal schism might be beneficial. After all the one benefit of a cancer diagnosis is that you now know you have cancer and can go about trying to beat it. That said the good results of a clear diagnosis can't ever justify the thing itself.
Pages: 1 2