FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Feeling like there's no hope for me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I came back to the faith around 2 years ago, after being a lukewarm/ horrible sinner
I then realised and was told we are in "end times" after attending prayer group
I'm now worried I've missed out on having God's seal on me (which is mentioned in Revelations, Isaiah & ezikiel) and have the 666 mentioned in revelelations and Isaiah 24(the curse during the great tribulation)
I contacted my oratory and asked the catholic down the phone if it was too late and he just replied "you need to talk to a priest"
I then contacted san giovanni rotondo, padre pios shrine if it was too late for me and they replied "You need to talk to a priest"

I then opened up my bible one day, and Ezikiel;s words opened where it stated "The end of the world is coming, I will neither pity you or spare you"

I now believe I am going to hell, I feel I deserve it anyway because I have abused God's mercy :[
First off, never give up hope! God loves you more than anyone! He wants you to be in Heaven with Him! Frequent Confession and trying our best to follow His commands is a great target to place. Read the Bible and pray frequently and I'm sure you will feel the difference. I personally feel God allows us to have feelings of doubting if we are doing enough for our faith so we try our best to do our best. Never give up!
Oh my goodness, no!!!  

The Holy Spirit is never a spirit of discouragement and hopelessness.

So if that's not the Holy Spirit talking to you, who do you think that might be?

Pray the St. Michael prayer and ask Our Lady to protect you under her mantle from the evil one.

Are you in a state of grace?  Then you are safe.

If you are not in a state of grace, get there asap.

Those scriptures are a warning to those who don't repent and join the Church.

You are the prodigal son.  Read that!  How was he received by God?

The last shall be first and the first shall be last.  

Plus, no one knows how long the end times will last.  It could be century! Or every day could be our last.

Make the best use of your time but also remember and pray to St. Dismas who was accepted into God's Kingdom as he died on the cross next to Christ.

Also, meditate on one of my signature quotes:

Quote:"Even if I had all the crimes possible on my conscience...I would simply throw myself into my Saviour's arms... I know that in the twinkling of an eye all those thousands of sins would be consumed as a drop of water cast into a blazing fire."  St. Therese of Lisieux

I'll pray for you tonight!   :awww:
Philippians 3:13

[b]13[/b]Brethren, *I* do not count to have got possession myself; but one thing -- forgetting the things behind, and stretching out to the things before[b]14[/b]I pursue, [looking] towards [the] goal, for the prize of the calling on high of God in Christ Jesus. 

Like a racehorse, you put your blinders on and don't look back or left or right, but only ahead towards the prize where God is waiting for you with open arms!
As I told you recently:

Quote:We should all live as if each day is the last, because it may be. Either of our life or of the world. That said, I totally agree with MeanGene. Leave predicting the End to the pagans, New Agers, and heretics. They seem to do it all the time! An Anglican 'Bishop' wrote in the 16th century

Quote: Wrote:The signs mentioned by Christ in the Gospel which should be the foreshewers of this terrible day, are almost all fulfilled.
Luther said,

Quote: Wrote:For my part, I am sure that the Day of Judgement is just around the corner. It doesn't matter that we don't know the precise day... perhaps someone else can figure it out. But it is certain that time is now at an end.
A 16th century Calvinist predicted the end,

Quote: Wrote:Between 1650 and 1695 [we] would see the conversion of the many Jews and a revival of their nation in Palestine...the destruction of the Papacy...the marriage of the Lamb and his wife.

I've lived through more 'Ends of the World' than I can keep track of, but the 'Mayan Calendar', the Jehovah's Witnesses' 1975, and 'Pastor' Harold Camping's 21 October 2011, all come to mind.

And, having repeated that, let me point out a truism. The ONLY sin God will not forgive is the one you're not sorry for! If you are not in a State of Grace, say a good Act of Contrition NOW, and get to Confession ASAP. I will pray for you!
Why havnt you spoken to a priest about this? 

Do not listen to all the "end-times" hoo-ha. No one knows the time or the hour. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

Have you been baptized, then you've received the seal of God.

God does not condemn people. As long as you are alive God will continue forgiving you as many times as you ask His forgiveness in confession or with perfect contrition. 

Go to see a priest ASAP. Go to confession and pray.
(02-15-2018, 12:23 AM)popeinnocent1972 Wrote: [ -> ]I came back to the faith around 2 years ago, after being a lukewarm/ horrible sinner

Well thank God for that extraordinary grace!

(02-15-2018, 12:23 AM)popeinnocent1972 Wrote: [ -> ]I then realised and was told we are in "end times" after attending prayer group

Doesn't sound like a Catholic group, then ...

The end for you comes at your death. Preparing yourself well for that moment is the only thing you have to worry about.

Even if the world were to end tomorrow, the only that that matters for you is what you do between now and then to try to stay in the State of Grace, or regain it if you have lost it.

(02-15-2018, 12:23 AM)popeinnocent1972 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm now worried I've missed out on having God's seal on me (which is mentioned in Revelations, Isaiah & ezikiel) and have the 666 mentioned in revelelations and Isaiah 24(the curse during the great tribulation)

The "seal" of God is Sanctifying Grace. You have that give to you at Baptism. You lose it by grave sin, but you regain by the grace of God through a Perfect Act of Contrition or by an Imperfect Act of Contrition plus Absolution in Confession.

If you are not conscious of any mortal sins you have not intentionally omitted from confession, you can be morally certain you are in the State of Grace.

(02-15-2018, 12:23 AM)popeinnocent1972 Wrote: [ -> ]I contacted my oratory and asked the catholic down the phone if it was too late and he just replied "you need to talk to a priest"
I then contacted san giovanni rotondo, padre pios shrine if it was too late for me and they replied "You need to talk to a priest"

You are asking the wrong question ... if you are still breathing it is never "too late". God will wait until your very last moment in this life and holds out forgiveness to you even to that moment.

But, they are right : if you are concerned about not being in the State of Grace, then, yes, find a priest and go to confession. In the meantime try to make a perfect act of contrition, and really mean it. Repeat it often.

(02-15-2018, 12:23 AM)popeinnocent1972 Wrote: [ -> ]I then opened up my bible one day, and Ezikiel;s words opened where it stated "The end of the world is coming, I will neither pity you or spare you"

Well I opened my Bible and it says (Ezekiel 33.10-16) :

Quote:Our iniquities, and our sins are upon us, and we pine away in them: how then can we live?

Say to them: As I live, saith the Lord God, I desire not the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way, and live. Turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways: and why will you die, O house of Israel? Thou therefore, O son of man, say to the children of thy people: The justice of the just shall not deliver him, in what day soever he shall sin: and the wickedness of the wicked shall not hurt him, in what day soever he shall turn from his wickedness: and the just shall not be able to live in his justice, in what day soever he shall sin. Yea, if I shall say to the just that he shall surely live, and he, trusting in his justice, commit iniquity: all his justices shall be forgotten, and in his iniquity, which he hath committed, in the same shall he die. And if I shall say to the wicked: Thou shalt surely die: and he do penance for his sin, and do judgment and justice, And if that wicked man restore the pledge, and render what he had robbed, and walk in the commandments of life, and do no unjust thing: he shall surely live, and shall not die. None of his sins, which he hath committed, shall be imputed to him: he hath done judgment and justice, he shall surely live.

God merely wants that you turn away from your sin and turn toward him by a good confession or act of contrition. If you do but that, then your sins will be forgiven, and your guilt blotted out. If David could write and sing Psalm 50 and be forgiven for his long-plotted murderous adultery, then you, by the Sacraments instituted by Christ Himself, can much more certainly be forgiven.
Sounds like no body studies prophecy at your parish. But don't worry for the Bible says "no man knows the day or hour." If you have been baptized and are in a state of grace, and have not committed any mortal sins your OK.  If in doubt, go to confession!
Just go make a good confession to a traditional priest.  The priest will let you know whatever needs to be done.  While you are alive you can always get yourself in a state of grace if you're willing to cooperate with God's grace, and pray ardently to Our Blessed Mother and the Saints for their intercession. 

Also, if you're in some prayer group that's opening the Bible and trying to "figure out" the endtimes, then you should leave that prayer group.  These people are always around -- usually Protestants -- trying to figure out the end times, as if God has handed humanity a jigsaw puzzle and told us all to figure it out. 

Do you think God's going to judge you for anything like that?  God's not going to ask you at your judgement "so when do you think I'm coming back to judge the living and the dead?"  Nor is he going to ask you if the See of Peter is vacant.

He's looking for CHARITY.  That's where you'll be judged.  While everyone else is sitting around taking Christ "as their personal Savior", and forgetting to feed the poor and hungry, you can be engaged in acts of charity.  Then you can face death with the hope that you've lived a life of charity.  The others -- those who sit around debating Scripture all day at the expense of charity -- will be the ones going "Lord!  Lord!" at the Judgement, as if simply "having faith" is sufficient. 

So here's what you're going to do: 1. Go make a real good confession; 2. Pray the Rosary ardently; 3. Spend time in private, spontaneous prayer to God, asking Him to give you the grace to be charitable, and filled with all the virtues pleasing to Him. 

Then, it makes no difference when the Lord comes, because you'll be in a State of Grace, and doing your work serving the Lord.