FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: How to call Church??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Peace.....I have heard a few terms now for the NO Church (which I formerly attended) but need to know what is the correct term now that so much has transpired?  - Ecumenical, Counterfeit, Pagan, Homosexual, Watered-down, New Age, One World, and probably more.....)  Can you help?  Tks!  angeltime :huh:
I think this is a false dichotomy.  When people use the term NO Church, as some trad bloggers do, I believe that they merely mean to refer to those who:

1. Accept the Second Vatican Council
2. Attend the Novus Ordo Missae

But, I think this is a problem.  Such terminology implies that those who attend the Novus Ordo are not really Catholics. And this is pretty evident from all the other names that you have heard.

I think it is just a bit of rhetorical flair, which I wouldn't use.
(02-16-2018, 01:55 PM)angeltime Wrote: [ -> ]Peace.....I have heard a few terms now for the NO Church (which I formerly attended) but need to know what is the correct term now that so much has transpired?  - Ecumenical, Counterfeit, Pagan, Homosexual, Watered-down, New Age, One World, and probably more.....)  Can you help?  Tks!  angeltime :huh:

I thought this was going to be a thread about how to place a phone call to a Church.  What was a seemingly straightforward thread is actually far less straighforward. 

I would probably go with "Post-Concilliar" Church.  I often also say "Modernist Rome" -- although I'd probably say that with caution, depending on your audience.
Don't use the word "Church" in any way that intimates there is more than one Church or that non-trad Catholics aren't Catholic. Refer maybe to "the Novus Ordo world," the NO liturgy,"  the NO ways of doing things," or whatever, don't refer to the Novus Ordo Church as compared to the traditional Church.
(02-17-2018, 03:45 AM)VoxClamantis Wrote: [ -> ]Don't use the word "Church" in any way that intimates there is more than one Church or that non-trad Catholics aren't Catholic. Refer maybe to "the Novus Ordo world," the NO liturgy,"  the NO ways of doing things," or whatever, but refer to the Novus Ordo Church as compared to the traditional Church.

Do you mean, "don't refer to the Novus Ordo Church as compared..."?   :shy:
Fixed my post.
Yes, some of us trads are still in NO, and we don't think of ourselves, or our peers in the NO as non-Catholics.

That thinking is Donatist and heretical.
Many Traditional Catholics don't have access to the TLM in their Diocese due to the bishops not liking anything Traditional.

So to claim that Novus Ordo Catholics go to another Church would be sinful
(02-17-2018, 04:19 PM)Trad Catholic27 Wrote: [ -> ]Many Traditional Catholics don't have access to the TLM in their Diocese due to the bishops not liking anything Traditional.

So to claim that Novus Ordo Catholics go to another Church would be sinful

Well said, some of us trads are poor and do not have access to a TLM, but that does not mean we do not have access to holy priests and parishioners.