FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Fasting makes you less hungry on non-fasting days
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been observing the Ember Days as well as trying to fast on regular week days during Lent. However, on Sundays, I find myself not hungry at all! Because my stomach has shrunken, I can eat only about the same amount on Sundays as I do on fast days. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

I do try to eat meat on Sunday but I find it too heavy. I end up eating vegetarian dishes or fish, and very small portions. 

I have discovered that we actually don’t need to eat as much as we think we should.
                                            Absolutely. Fasting is beneficial to your spiritual and physical health. Every time I feel hungry, I let my thoughts turn to the reason for it. Sadly, for me the hardest part of the Lenten fast has always been people who identify as Catholics continually offering me food when they know I'm trying to keep the fast.
Idk, I'm constantly hungry. I'm hungry right now!
I do intermittent fasting for weight loss. I fast every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It makes me much less hungry on my non-fasting days, and helps me clarify what I actually want to eat. I’ve lost over 20 pounds so far.