FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: I wish more Dioceses were!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: schism.jpg]
Genuinely not sure if that's a joke or not.
(02-26-2018, 08:06 PM)Galahad3 Wrote: [ -> ]Genuinely not sure if that's a joke or not.

If only he was. These people hate the church's Traditions.
Wow, that is terribly sad. I am reading Cardinal Sarah's "The Power of Silence" right now, and his love for God, the Church and its Traditions is obvious. The people who reduce all this to political expediency really ought to assess their priorities.

"Unity" is nothing if it come at the cost of fidelity.
(02-26-2018, 08:06 PM)Galahad3 Wrote: [ -> ]Genuinely not sure if that's a joke or not.
I think it's irony (where is Doc Bombay when you need him! :LOL:), pointing out that schism was not caused by the previous Papacy.
(02-27-2018, 01:03 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
I think it's irony (where is Doc Bombay when you need him! :LOL:), pointing out that schism was not caused by the previous Papacy.

Sadly I don't think it is a joke, judging from the screen grab that For Pete's Sake shared.
(02-27-2018, 01:49 AM)Galahad3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-27-2018, 01:03 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]

Sadly I don't think it is a joke, judging from the screen grab that For Pete's Sake shared.
You're probably right. I had not seen that.
This has brought up a thought I had. Would all of these protestant converts we have, especally the ones on the radio and TV. Would they have converted if Vatican II never happend? I have felt that the answer is probably not.
(02-27-2018, 07:29 AM)BobR67 Wrote: [ -> ]This has brought up a thought I had. Would all of these protestant converts we have, especally the ones on the radio and TV. Would they have converted if Vatican II never happend? I have felt that the answer is probably not.

I was raised Protestant. While I spent some intervening years before my conversion as an "atheist," I can tell you I converted in spite of V2. The still, quiet beauty of traditional Catholicism drew me in, not all the cacophony and spectacle that V2 has invited, knowingly or otherwise. I can't be the only one.

But you are probably right: many converts were attracted by the protestantized Liturgy and "politics" within the church that came as a result of the second Vatican council.
And yet, how many who were already within the Church left as a result? I'd guess we replaced a whole lot less than we lost.
Pages: 1 2 3