FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Is saying "go to Hell" mortal sin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just said it to a coworker by accident.  It was said jokingly -- but that phrase itself just randomly jumped out of me. 

I assume where there wasn't full consent of the will or malice intended that it isn't mortal sin? (I hope not anyway!!)
(03-07-2018, 01:01 PM)FultonFan Wrote: [ -> ]I just said it to a coworker by accident.  It was said jokingly -- but that phrase itself just randomly jumped out of me. 

I assume where there wasn't full consent of the will or malice intended that it isn't mortal sin? (I hope not anyway!!)

I'm more worried about the scandal you're causing.  After reading your post, I thought saying "go to hell" was so cool that I just said it to like ten people.  That's on you.
(03-07-2018, 01:38 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-07-2018, 01:01 PM)FultonFan Wrote: [ -> ]I just said it to a coworker by accident.  It was said jokingly -- but that phrase itself just randomly jumped out of me. 

I'm more worried about the scandal you're causing.  After reading your post, I thought saying "go to hell" was so cool that I just said it to like ten people.  That's on you.

You're the one causing scandal.  I came to work dressed in shining armour.
Maybe if you could say the Litany of the Holy Name in reparation for your imprecation.