FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: How often do you say the rosary?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
 Father Gabriel Amorth, chief exorcist of the Vatican writes: One day a colleague of mine heard the devil say during an exorcism: "Every Hail Mary is like a blow on my head. If Christians knew how powerful the Rosary was, it would be my end." 

"Anyone who goes to Mary and prays the Rosary cannot be touched by Satan.  Father Gabriel Amorth

Whoever spreads the Rosary is Saved~ Blessed Bartolo Longo

If you say the Rosary faithfully until death, I do assure you that, in spite of the gravity of your sins, you shall receive a never fading crown of glory. For even if you are now on the brink of damnation, even if you have one foot in hell, even if you have sold your soul to the devil…sooner or later you will be converted and will amend your life and save your soul. If–you say the Rosary devoutly every day of your life.~St. Louis De Montfort

The Rosary is the most excellent form of prayer and the most efficacious means of attaining eternal life. It is the remedy for all our evils, the root of all our blessings. There is no more excellent way of praying.~Pope Leo XIII

When you say your Rosary, the angels rejoice, the Blessed Trinity delights in it, my Son finds joy in it too, and I myself am happier than you can possibly guess. After the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, there is nothing in the Church that I love as much as the Rosary.~Our Lady to Blessed Alan de la Roche

"Say the Holy Rosary. Blessed be that monotony of Hail Mary's which purifies the monotony of your sins!"~St. Josemaria Escriva

The Rosary is the best therapy for these distraught, unhappy, fearful, and frustrated souls, precisely because it involves the simultaneous use of three powers: the physical, the vocal, and the spiritual…” - Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Fascinating stories about the rosary!!!
The following are some excerpts taken from the book entitled “The Secret of the Rosary” by St. Louis Marie De Montfort. Hopefully they will help our readers to understand the power and importance of reciting the Rosary faithfully every day.
There was a certain pious but self-willed lady who lived in Rome during the time of Saint Dominic. She was so devout and so fervent that she put to shame by her holy life even the strictest religious in the Church.
Having decided to ask Saint Dominic's advice about her spiritual life, she asked him to hear her confession. For her penance, he gave her one whole Rosary to say, and advised her to say it every day. She said that she had no time to say it, excusing herself on the grounds that she made the Stations of Rome every day, that she wore sack-cloth and also a hair shirt, that she gave herself the discipline several times a week, that she carried out so many other penances and fasted so much. Saint Dominic urged her over and over again to take his advice and say the Rosary, but she would not hear of it. She left the confessional horrified at the tactics of this new spiritual director who had tried so hard to persuade her to take on a devotion that was not at all to her liking.
Later on when she was in prayer, she fell into ecstasy and had a vision of her soul appearing before Our Lord's Judgment Seat. Saint Michael put all her penances and other prayers onto one balance of the scales, and all her sins and imperfections onto the other. The tray of her good works was greatly outweighed by that of her sins and imperfections.
Filled with terror, she cried for mercy, imploring the help of the Blessed Virgin, her glorious Advocate, who took the one and only Rosary that she had said for her penance and dropped it onto the tray of her good works. The one Rosary was so heavy that it weighed more than all her sins as well as all her good works. Our Lady then reproved her for having refused to follow the counsel of Her servant Dominic, and for not saying the Rosary every day.

King Alphonsus of Leon and Galicia wanted all his servants to honour the Blessed Virgin Mary, by saying the Rosary. So he used to hang a large Rosary on his belt and always wore it, but he never said the Rosary himself! However, the good example he gave by wearing his Rosary in public, encouraged his servants to say the Rosary very well.
One day the King became very sick. He went unconscious, and everybody thought he was dead! When he was unconscious, he had a vision, and found himself before the judgement seat of God. Many devils were there, telling all the sins he had committed, and Our Lord as the Judge, was just about to tell King Alphonsus that he was going to Hell!
Suddenly Our Lady appeared on the scene and asked for a pair of scales. She placed the King's sins on one of the scales and on the other scale she put the Rosary, which he had always worn, and the Rosaries that had been said, because of his good example. The Rosaries weighed more than his sins! Looking at King Alphonsus with great kindness, Our Lady said, "As a reward for this little honour that you paid me in wearing my Rosary, I have obtained a great grace for you, from my Son, Jesus. Though you were supposed to go to Hell, you will be able to live for a few more years. See that you spend these years wisely, and do penance!"
When the King came to, he cried out, "Blessed be the Rosary of the Most Holy Virgin Mary. By her Rosary, she has saved me from the terrible fires of Hell!" After the King recovered his health, he spent the rest of his life spreading devotion to the Rosary, and said it faithfully every day.

At 3: 00 am on January 15 Bundy entered the Chi Omega sorority house at Florida State University and murdered two girls before heading off to search for more victims. When he entered a third girl’s room with a bat for a weapon, he saw a rosary clutched in her hand, dropped the bat and fled.
Later the girl told authorities that before she left for college she had promised her grandmother that she would pray the rosary every night for protection, even if she fell asleep in the process. This is what she had done that night, and she was still holding the rosary when the murderer entered her room. Bundy later confessed to over thirty murders.
Father Joseph M. Esper says in his book With Mary to Jesus, “Ironically, when Ted Bundy was on death row, awaiting execution for his crimes, he asked Monsignor Kerr to serve as a spiritual counselor, and the priest took the opportunity to ask about that terrible night. Bundy explained that when he entered the girl’s room, he had fully intended on murdering her; some mysterious power was preventing him.”
i try.. i really try... but I find it hard to stay focused.  As awful as it sounds,I find myself most successful when I watch and pray along with the EWTN Rosary from the Holy Land.. otherwise, my mind wanders, I lose track of what mystery I'm supposed to be meditating on, or I doze off...  I know the power of the rosary, and often pray for an increased devotion to Our Lady, and I would love to feel "holy" when I pray the rosary, but I just dont
(03-07-2018, 10:27 PM)catholicschoolmom Wrote: [ -> ]i try.. i really try... but I find it hard to stay focused.  As awful as it sounds,I find myself most successful when I watch and pray along with the EWTN Rosary from the Holy Land.. otherwise, my mind wanders, I lose track of what mystery I'm supposed to be meditating on, or I doze off...  I know the power of the rosary, and often pray for an increased devotion to Our Lady, and I would love to feel "holy" when I pray the rosary, but I just dont

I don't think there is anything awful about audio or visual aids.  They are gifts from God and we should make use of them if they are helpful to our spiritual life!  :)

I use the rosary in Latin videos on Youtube to help me stay focused and learn the prayers in Latin.
I second what SHL said. Into get distracted easily and audio or videos during prayer can help people who get distracted. Don’t look down on yourself for using these devices. Look on yourself as trying to grow closer to God.
I try to pray all 20 decades of the rosary every day.
:) :) :)
My employer is in another city, about 23 miles from my house. Monday through Friday, I pray the Rosary when driving to work. On the weekends I pray it at home and/or at Mass. I pray it when the weather is rough and I'm driving somewhere. This is partly because I am a member of the Confraternity of the Brown Scapular, and was given permission to pray the Rosary daily, as I cannot always pray more of the Little Office than Prime and Compline. I try to get my younger three kids to pray it with m. Sometimes I'm successful, sometimes not.  :(
I try to say 5 decades when first waking up or while driving, outstanding books on the Rosary:

The Rosary of Our Lady by Romano Guardini
The Secret of the Rosary by St Louis de Montfort
(03-08-2018, 02:23 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]I try to pray all 20 decades of the rosary every day.
:) :) :)

I see what you did there... :pieinface:
I pray the Rosary every day. On Saturdays I pray it with EWTN because they pray it from Lourdes. I have a great devotion to Our Lady of Lourdes. I do not pray the Luminous Mysteries at all. I stick with the Traditional Rosary. I am in the process of Learning the Rosary in Latin.
What do you mean by five a day? Like five "five-decade" rosaries a day!  Goodness, you should be levitating at that point!
Pages: 1 2 3 4