FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Movie-Paul The Apostle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Peace.....March 23rd and into the weeks of April, the movie "Paul, the Apostle" is coming to theaters in 24 countries.  This dramatic story taken from Scriptures is about persecution of Christians, Paul's imprisonment, and his friendship with Luke.  Hopefully, we will all have the opportunity to see it; it will no doubt impact each of us personally, but also our world/Church considering the tribulations we are experiencing now.
God bless, angeltime :heart:
(03-15-2018, 09:14 PM)angeltime Wrote: [ -> ]Peace.....March 23rd and into the weeks of April, the movie "Paul, the Apostle" is coming to theaters in 24 countries.  This dramatic story taken from Scriptures is about persecution of Christians, Paul's imprisonment, and his friendship with Luke.  Hopefully, we will all have the opportunity to see it; it will no doubt impact each of us personally, but also our world/Church considering the tribulations we are experiencing now.

Who is it made by?  I wouldn't mind seeing a Christian movie in theaters.  When's the last time that happened? Prince of Egypt?  

(But it looks like it was made by a Pr*testant to me)
(03-16-2018, 12:04 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: [ -> ](But it looks like it was made by a Pr*testant to me)

I quite literally LOLed at "Pr*testant". Thanks for that. I needed a good laugh today ;P 

I'll probably see the film even so. I need something to get me out of the house anyway, and I haven't been to theaters in years.
(03-16-2018, 12:04 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2018, 09:14 PM)angeltime Wrote: [ -> ]Peace.....March 23rd and into the weeks of April, the movie "Paul, the Apostle" is coming to theaters in 24 countries.  This dramatic story taken from Scriptures is about persecution of Christians, Paul's imprisonment, and his friendship with Luke.  Hopefully, we will all have the opportunity to see it; it will no doubt impact each of us personally, but also our world/Church considering the tribulations we are experiencing now.

Who is it made by?  I wouldn't mind seeing a Christian movie in theaters.  When's the last time that happened? Prince of Egypt?  

Peace.....The Passion of Christ was the last biggest movie a few years ago - Mel Gibson produced it and it starred Jim Caveziel (spell?)  He had many trials during the filming of the Passion - dislocated shoulder from the Cross, skin probs from the costume, accidental hit with the whip, open heart surgery, and pneumonia from the cold - he said it did a lot for his faith and he was attending Mass and praying Rosary everyday on the movie set.  This new movie stars Jim C again as Luke and there is a new director - can't remember his name.  It is not HOLLYWOOD Biblical, but TRUE Biblical.  Hope you get to see it!  God bless, angeltime :heart:
I didn't know that about the filming of the Passion. Thanks for sharing that :) I recently watched that film. It was very well done.
(03-16-2018, 12:04 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: [ -> ]Who is it made by?  I wouldn't mind seeing a Christian movie in theaters.  When's the last time that happened? Prince of Egypt?  

Same writer and director as "Full of Grace" (Andrew Hyatt, a Catholic), and at least one of the same producers.
St.  Therese I saw in a theater.  I would like to have seen, what was it:  Viva Cristeros?  I think it was Peter O' Toole whom died shortly after the production of it.
(03-16-2018, 12:11 PM)angeltime Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2018, 12:04 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: [ -> ]

Peace.....The Passion of Christ was the last biggest movie a few years ago - Mel Gibson produced it and it starred Jim Caveziel (spell?)  He had many trials during the filming of the Passion - dislocated shoulder from the Cross, skin probs from the costume, accidental hit with the whip, open heart surgery, and pneumonia from the cold - he said it did a lot for his faith and he was attending Mass and praying Rosary everyday on the movie set.  This new movie stars Jim C again as Luke and there is a new director - can't remember his name.  It is not HOLLYWOOD Biblical, but TRUE Biblical.  Hope you get to see it!  God bless, angeltime :heart:

Oh yeah, duh I forgot about Passion.  One of my favorite movies too.  It's such a shame Mel got blackballed in Pedowood for a few years.  If you think about it, what he did was pretty impressive.  He was raging drunk, could barely drive or even remember his name, but somehow when he gets pulled over, he *correctly* identifies that the cop who stopped him is a Jew and gives a speech about it.

:huh: