FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Just an idea during lent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been lately thinking about how to holy souls are being neglected. I read the secrets of the rosary about how one soul was given 700 years in purgatory.

I try and say my rosary for the intention of poor sinners as they need it more than poor souls, as their salvation is not guaranteed. 

But I was thinking during lent, what if we all tried to get one latin mass said for the holy souls in purgatory? Imagine if 30 of us did that, what a difference it would make to some souls. Also padre Pio spoke of how if we help souls in purgatory, they pray for us and their prayers are very powerful. So we would all be getting something back.
(03-16-2018, 07:28 PM)popeinnocent1972 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been lately thinking about how to holy souls are being neglected. I read the secrets of the rosary about how one soul was given 700 years in purgatory.

I try and say my rosary for the intention of poor sinners as they need it more than poor souls, as their salvation is not guaranteed. 

But I was thinking during lent, what if we all tried to get one latin mass said for the holy souls in purgatory? Imagine if 30 of us did that, what a difference it would make to some souls. Also padre Pio spoke of how if we help souls in purgatory, they pray for us and their prayers are very powerful. So we would all be getting something back.
Peace...Lent is coming to an end soon and I know there are wait lists to have masses said, however oddly enough, I did mention this type of thing to a friend a couple of weeks ago -  thought I would make a personal commitment for all of next year, to offer masses for the Holy Souls, including all the deceased in my family.  We have All Souls day too where we can get our Masses said and put in the request well ahead of time.  I like your thought on this - we could have done more about it before Lent started I think....God bless, angeltime :heart:
well it doesn't have to be a lent thing, it can be something we can do a few times a year.
(03-16-2018, 09:32 PM)angeltime Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2018, 07:28 PM)popeinnocent1972 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been lately thinking about how to holy souls are being neglected. I read the secrets of the rosary about how one soul was given 700 years in purgatory.

Peace...Lent is coming to an end soon and I know there are wait lists to have masses said, however oddly enough, I did mention this type of thing to a friend a couple of weeks ago -  thought I would make a personal commitment for all of next year, to offer masses for the Holy Souls, including all the deceased in my family.  We have All Souls day too where we can get our Masses said and put in the request well ahead of time.  I like your thought on this - we could have done more about it before Lent started I think....God bless, angeltime :heart:

Why not go to daily mass and offer it up for the poor souls.