FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: I was mature today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Spending time with family at Easter, my mother mentioned something about the Francis/Hell thing, and my brother immediately jumped down her throat saying she was falling for fake news and the Vatican denied it and it was an evil atheist taking advantage of the pope.  He then went on to say it was disinformation spread by the Russians.  

I didn't say anything.  I just sat there drinking coffee.  I think the comment about the Russians was solely to bait me into an argument.  But I didn't do it!

Isn't that great of me?  What's my reward now?
(04-01-2018, 09:37 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: [ -> ]Spending time with family at Easter, my mother mentioned something about the Francis/Hell thing, and my brother immediately jumped down her throat saying she was falling for fake news and the Vatican denied it and it was an evil atheist taking advantage of the pope.  He then went on to say it was disinformation spread by the Russians.  

I didn't say anything.  I just sat there drinking coffee.  I think the comment about the Russians was solely to bait me into an argument.  But I didn't do it!

Proverbs 26:4
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou be made like him.

So Yay!   :chleader:

However,

Matthew 6:1
TAKE heed that you do not your justice before men, to be seen by them: otherwise you shall not have a reward of your Father who is in heaven.

Ruh roh!

:'(
(04-01-2018, 10:04 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: [ -> ]Proverbs 26:4
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou be made like him.

So Yay!   :chleader:

However,

Matthew 6:1
TAKE heed that you do not your justice before men, to be seen by them: otherwise you shall not have a reward of your Father who is in heaven.

Ruh roh!

:'(

Lol.  You seem peppy.  Did you have a good Easter or something??
[quote pid='1368966' dateline='1522634647']
Lol.  You seem peppy.  Did you have a good Easter or something??
[/quote]

Well, good in the sense that I had a lot of suffering to offer up for my family. ;)
(04-01-2018, 09:37 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: [ -> ]it was an evil atheist taking advantage of the pope.  
 That 'evil atheist' seems to take advantage of Francis every time he talks to him. You'd think if he was making it all up, Francis would just stop talking to him. And the Vatican never denied it. They denied that the 'quote' in the article was a direct quote. Nowhere did they deny that Francis told Scalfari that he believed in the annihilationist heresy.
(04-01-2018, 10:35 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2018, 09:37 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: [ -> ]it was an evil atheist taking advantage of the pope.  
 That 'evil atheist' seems to take advantage of Francis every time he talks to him. You'd think if he was making it all up, Francis would just stop talking to him. And the Vatican never denied it. They denied that the 'quote' in the article was a direct quote. Nowhere did they deny that Francis told Scalfari that he believed in the annihilationist heresy.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQc13VfBfZpZP1F5MhEKxh...K4MN8xfk5A]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQad1eSUVZOnqNmuKeI4br...n5Q11rDZsA]
(04-01-2018, 10:35 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, but imagine trying to explain that to someone who literally cannot handle any nuance whatsoever.  I tried explaining the subtleties of papal infallibility to him once.  It's not like he doesn't understand the concept of the Magisterium anyway.  He is familiar with the term "ultra montanism".  But he just kept repeating "I'm a good Catholic who listens to the Pope unlike you" over and over.  It's good stuff.
(04-01-2018, 09:37 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: [ -> ]Spending time with family at Easter, my mother mentioned something about the Francis/Hell thing, and my brother immediately jumped down her throat saying she was falling for fake news and the Vatican denied it and it was an evil atheist taking advantage of the pope.  He then went on to say it was disinformation spread by the Russians.  

Maybe shorter time in Purgatory?
I'm proud of your maturity, Caesar Trump. As a reward you can marry me :D
*hands Caesar Trump a cookie and a gold star*

It's good to be adulting sometimes, yet other times...I enjoy your immaturity ;)
Pages: 1 2