FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Anti-Catholic nuttiness: Now available in an Encyclopedia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(Satire) Looking for a way to attack the Catholic Church at every possible angle? Do you want to find out how the church held back civilization for 1500 years and killed millions through the inquisitions, witch burnings, and holocausts? Then A Corrupt Tree: An Encyclopaedia of Crimes committed by the Church of Rome against Humanity and the Human Spirit is the book that you.

https://books.google.com/books?id=vcDBAgAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

Already from what I saw I see the same old claims, such as the Church prolonging the Dark Ages (a term not even used by scholars anymore), millions being killed by the Church, etc. Whoever the author is, he or she obviously has a personal ax to grind. The author goes into why the encyclopedia was written (4 volumes apparently), mainly because of unfortunate and horrific abuse committed by Catholics in Australia in a place called Boys' Town, Bindoon (Australia). Any Catholics in Australia, what do you guys know about this?

If you want to get a laugh or just see how much people truly hate the Church, check the link.
Eh, nobody takes Aussies seriously :D
(04-05-2018, 04:50 AM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]Eh, nobody takes Aussies seriously :D

I know you're just joking, but still, it is very unfortunate that these children suffered from such terrible abuse by fellow Catholics. Does anyone in Australia know much about this incident?

No doubt the writer of this "encyclopedia" (more like a giant, 4-volume polemic) is probably an anti-theist, based on how he or she thanks and acknowledges an atheist website, and of course later states that he or she thinks (stating as if fact) that Christianity and Islam are the two worst religions.

Interesting website that refutes some common pseudo-historical claims made by atheists
http://historyforatheists.com/
(04-03-2018, 03:47 PM)Echo Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to get a laugh or just see how much people truly hate the Church, check the link.

no thanks. I have had my fill of catholic haters who don't know the first thing about catholicism

i find such people to be intellectually dead and a few other descriptions i won't mention

one JW i talked to  recently said that Mary is a Catholic's "idol" Really? I explained the Catholic position,  that Jesus is indeed our Savior, but Mary is important. She "carried Jesus in her womb"  She admitted Mary is "special" but i don't know if she was backing down or what. She eventually said she "had to go somewhere"  Right.

then there are those who think Catholics believe we have to work our way to Heaven.. While we are not saved by our good works, we also cannot get to Heaven w/o them. I c an see where that would be confusing to some but.. it is not confusing to me. Maybe that's because I have been Catholic all my life-i don't know. But anyway, i am tired of Protestants. I just say stuff and then move on... plant seeds and leave them for someone else to water... that's what works for me