FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Where is the Church going?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Honestly, what is going to happen in the near future? As that conference in Italy is addressing this issue on the 7th, Pope Francis scandalizes more and more Catholics. Are (some of) the cardinals and bishops going to take any further action besides the Dubia? What do they have in their power to do?

Also, what heresies does Pope Francis allegedly espouse, besides annihilationism?
Do the bishops have an power over the Pope?
(04-06-2018, 12:24 AM)havok579257 Wrote: [ -> ]Do the bishops have an power over the Pope?

https://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.p...tical-pope
(04-06-2018, 12:24 AM)havok579257 Wrote: [ -> ]Do the bishops have an power over the Pope?

No.

Code of Canon Law, 1983: Can.  1404 The First See is judged by no one.
(04-06-2018, 12:49 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]

No.

Code of Canon Law, 1983: Can.  1404 The First See is judged by no one.

True, but this is also true: 

Quote:...the Church does possess a ministerial power when it comes to deposing a heretical Pope. This opinion avoids the error of Conciliarism by affirming that the Church has no authority over a Pope, nor does the Church herself depose the pope, but only performs the ministerial function required for the deposition. The ministerial function consists of those acts which are necessary to establish that the Pope is indeed a heretic, which is then followed by a public declaratory sentence of the crime. It is God himself, however, who causes the man to fall from the Pontificate, but not without the Church herself performing the ministerial functions necessary to establish the crime.
I think you should remember the promise Jesus made to St Peter;

8 So I now say to you: You are Peter and on this rock I will build my community. And the gates of the underworld can never overpower it.

19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of Heaven: whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven; whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.'

https://www.catholic.org/bible/book.php?id=47&bible_chapter=16
(04-06-2018, 03:20 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]I think you should remember the promise Jesus made to St Peter;

8 So I now say to you: You are Peter and on this rock I will build my community. And the gates of the underworld can never overpower it.

19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of Heaven: whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven; whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.'

Peace.....yes, but when Jesus was saying these things WILL be bound, he was referring that they are according to His teachings....not any old hay-day of ambiguism, contradiction and throwing the sheep to the wolves.  hmmm.....God bless, angeltime :heart:
It's interesting that this Bergoglian tactic of not making official changes to doctrine, but instead instigating wide sweeping heresies "pastorally", wouldn't have been as effective in centuries past.

It's with the use of modern technology that such "pastoral practices" can be rapidly disseminated.

With the aid of the 24 hour press, it's very hard for good Bishops and priests to undo the social engineering of heretical sound bites, inflicted upon barely catechized Catholics.

But of course technology could also be a wonderful tool for the Bishops to catechize their diocese and protect them from confusion and heresy.

Are the good Bishops making any noise?

Do any Bishops send out mass emails to their flock to keep them up to date?

I'm sure the good priests would appreciate the help.  They must be inundated with questions!
(04-06-2018, 03:20 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]I think you should remember the promise Jesus made to St Peter;

Poche, while the scripture you included is correct it is an incomplete view of the Bible and Jesus' promise. When Peter, the first Pope, made an error and caused scandal Paul called him out for his error. Galatians 2:11-15.

http://drbo.org/chapter/55002.htm

[11] But when Cephas was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. [12] For before that some came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them who were of the circumcision. [13] And to his dissimulation the rest of the Jews consented, so that Barnabas also was led by them into that dissimulation. [14] But when I saw that they walked not uprightly unto the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas before them all: If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of the Gentiles, and not as the Jews do, how dost thou compel the Gentiles to live as do the Jews? [15] We by nature are Jews, and not of the Gentiles sinners.

[11] "I withstood": The fault that is here noted in the conduct of St. Peter, was only a certain imprudence, in withdrawing himself from the table of the Gentiles, for fear of giving offence to the Jewish converts; but this, in such circumstances, when his so doing might be of ill consequence to the Gentiles, who might be induced thereby to think themselves obliged to conform to the Jewish way of living, to the prejudice of their Christian liberty. Neither was St. Paul's reprehending him any argument against his supremacy; for in such cases an inferior may, and sometimes ought, with respect, to admonish his superior.

Jesus' promise never mentioned that Pope would be inerrant and it is the duty of the members of the Church to correct when the Pope is in error or causes scandals as the above scripture shows.
(04-06-2018, 06:09 AM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote: [ -> ]

Poche, while the scripture you included is correct it is an incomplete view of the Bible and Jesus' promise. When Peter, the first Pope, made an error and caused scandal Paul called him out for his error. Galatians 2:11-15.

http://drbo.org/chapter/55002.htm

[11] But when Cephas was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. [12] For before that some came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them who were of the circumcision. [13] And to his dissimulation the rest of the Jews consented, so that Barnabas also was led by them into that dissimulation. [14] But when I saw that they walked not uprightly unto the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas before them all: If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of the Gentiles, and not as the Jews do, how dost thou compel the Gentiles to live as do the Jews? [15] We by nature are Jews, and not of the Gentiles sinners.

[11] "I withstood": The fault that is here noted in the conduct of St. Peter, was only a certain imprudence, in withdrawing himself from the table of the Gentiles, for fear of giving offence to the Jewish converts; but this, in such circumstances, when his so doing might be of ill consequence to the Gentiles, who might be induced thereby to think themselves obliged to conform to the Jewish way of living, to the prejudice of their Christian liberty. Neither was St. Paul's reprehending him any argument against his supremacy; for in such cases an inferior may, and sometimes ought, with respect, to admonish his superior.

Jesus' promise never mentioned that Pope would be inerrant and it is the duty of the members of the Church to correct when the Pope is in error or causes scandals as the above scripture shows.
Peace....it came to my mind also that when certain individuals or groups did not accept Jesus' teaching and left Him, He did not call them back or conform to what they wanted - there was no negotiating going on or compromises so everyone could be inclusive.  It was His teaching or leave.....we aren't doing that now and its led to a huge mess!  God bless, angeltime :heart:
Pages: 1 2