FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope/Jesuits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Peace....I was wondering if the Jesuit Order can make a claim on P Fr. if a percentage of them believe him to be incompetent?  I don't think he stops being a Jesuit even though he is P.  How many Popes have been in an Order?  I don't think any others, correct?  There may be a loophole somehow.....
God bless, angeltime :heart:
(04-10-2018, 06:06 PM)angeltime Wrote: [ -> ]Peace....I was wondering if the Jesuit Order can make a claim on P Fr. if a percentage of them believe him to be incompetent?  I don't think he stops being a Jesuit even though he is P.  How many Popes have been in an Order?  I don't think any others, correct?  There may be a loophole somehow.....

1) The Jesuits, as an Institute, make Francis look like a Traditionalist. 2) Several Popes have been members of an Order, but never of the Jesuits, for a very good reason. Their Constitutions forbid them from seeking advancement in the Church. Only at the order of a Superior can they accept a Bishopric, the Cardinalate, etc. Francis' of course had no Pope to say yea or nay, and as for his Jesuits Superiors, see #1, so he became Pope.
(04-10-2018, 08:53 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2018, 06:06 PM)angeltime Wrote: [ -> ]Peace....I was wondering if the Jesuit Order can make a claim on P Fr. if a percentage of them believe him to be incompetent?  I don't think he stops being a Jesuit even though he is P.  How many Popes have been in an Order?  I don't think any others, correct?  There may be a loophole somehow.....

1) The Jesuits, as an Institute, make Francis look like a Traditionalist. 2) Several Popes have been members of an Order, but never of the Jesuits, for a very good reason. Their Constitutions forbid them from seeking advancement in the Church. Only at the order of a Superior can they accept a Bishopric, the Cardinalate, etc. Francis' of course had no Pope to say yea or nay, and as for his Jesuits Superiors, see #1, so he became Pope.
Peace.....I think there has to be suffering in silence somewhere, Jesuits who do not agree with what is happening - and one I can think of is Fr Mitch Pacwa on EWTN.  I haven't heard him speak for a while now, but remember he was very firm/solid about Church teachings.....Hopefully he hasn't mellowed!  God bless, angeltime :heart:
(04-10-2018, 08:59 PM)angeltime Wrote: [ -> ]Peace.....I think there has to be suffering in silence somewhere, Jesuits who do not agree with what is happening - and one I can think of is Fr Mitch Pacwa on EWTN.  I haven't heard him speak for a while now, but remember he was very firm/solid about Church teachings.....Hopefully he hasn't mellowed!  God bless, angeltime :heart:

Oh, there are, indeed, a few orthodox Jesuits left, but they're not in the leadership, and they are a tiny, tiny minority in the Institute.
(04-10-2018, 09:38 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2018, 08:59 PM)angeltime Wrote: [ -> ]Peace.....I think there has to be suffering in silence somewhere, Jesuits who do not agree with what is happening - and one I can think of is Fr Mitch Pacwa on EWTN.  I haven't heard him speak for a while now, but remember he was very firm/solid about Church teachings.....Hopefully he hasn't mellowed!  God bless, angeltime :heart:

Oh, there are, indeed, a few orthodox Jesuits left, but they're not in the leadership, and they are a tiny, tiny minority in the Institute.
Peace.....sad, they are being taken advantage of in their elder years!  God bless, angeltime :heart: