FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: what are some of your favorite quotes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
whether you know from whence they originated or not?

Chesterton: Whatever is worth doing is worth doing badly. I like this becasue Catholics are not a particularly evangelizing group. they do not generally go out of their way to explain much less "push" Catholicism. And yet we have to Catholicize the world.

Look how it is??!!! It is unlivable! all because everyone is not Catholic

so anyway... i would like to hear quotes even if you don't recall who said it
Quote:Hi “Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one”

Bruce Lee
(04-11-2018, 06:08 PM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Hi “Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one”

Bruce Lee

I didn't know Bruce Lee was Catholic?

:)
what I meant was that Catholics (and this has to do with the response from another poster) do not like the hardship of evangelizing

I don't either of course

but i do it anyway.. and sometimes i actually get to like it.. as long as i can do it anonymously.. or if i talk to someone, it is someone who is open minded and/or not hateful toward Catholicism.. but again, in my area... hard to find such.. probably need to move asap
“If we fail to forgive, we’re rejecting our own faith.” - Father Kapaun

“What Indians?” - George Armstrong Custer
(04-11-2018, 06:30 PM)gracemary5 Wrote: [ -> ]what I meant was that Catholics (and this has to do with the response from another poster) do not like the hardship of evangelizing

I don't either of course

but i do it anyway.. and sometimes i actually get to like it.. as long as i can do it anonymously.. or if i talk to someone, it is someone who is open minded and/or not hateful toward Catholicism.. but again, in my area... hard to find such.. probably need to move asap

Well another quote To live by, I think is St Francis

"Preach the gospel at all times, when necessary use words"