FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Will Anyone Be Attending the Pontifical High Mass at the Basilica in DC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Posting a link below to OnePeterFive.

My fiancee and I intend on attending, are any of the other members of the forum going to be assisting?  

https://onepeterfive.com/pontifical-high...-the-pews/
I have a reminder on my calendar to watch it, but I live too far away.
I'm thinking about it. I live in Ohio so it's not too far for me to drive. If folks from here are going I'd probably make an effort to attend; otherwise, I'd just be lonely old me in a big city...I get nervous when I travel alone (it would be the first time for me in years) LOL
That would cost me over a thousand dollars. That isn’t even nice transportation or lodging either, I’m talking Greyhounds and trashy motels here.  I’m sure the Mass will be beautiful, but it would not be worth a 35-hour trip with nothing but bathrooms that make ballpark outhouses seem clean enough to do surgery in, and 2-3 nights’ stay in a motel that charges by the hour and hasn’t been updated since the 1980’s. I’m thrilled they have events like this, and I’d be happy to jaunt all over the country to attend them, but I wish they would publicize these things further in advance. That way, those of us in flyover country have time to get good deals on hotels and airfare, and possibly even plan other events around it and make a vacation out of the trip.
In terms of hotels, you can stay outside of DC for more tolerable prices. Either Bethesda or Alexandria are good hubs to stay in that have metro access.
(04-22-2018, 08:50 AM)GangGreen Wrote: [ -> ]In terms of hotels, you can stay outside of DC for more tolerable prices. Either Bethesda or Alexandria are good hubs to stay in that have metro access.

This is good advice.  Last trip I had to DC, stayed in a hotel in Silver Spring, MD, a short drive/taxicab ride to the nearest light-rail station which had ample parking. Was easy to get in and out of the 'belly of the beast' called DC.   :P