FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Carmelite Hermit/Nun
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Peace.....an article about a Polish Carmelite Hermit Nun who hasn't spoken for 16 yrs....
God bless, angeltime Heart Carmelite Hermit/Nun
Thank you for posting this.

"For the people around her, she is a question mark and sometimes an exclamation point." This, in an unadorned yet poetic manner, completely captures her special vocation. 

"The nun, who has for the past 30 years lived in the hermitage of the Most Holy Heart of Jesus, is really amazing." This reveals the poetry of sanctity, especially as one reflects upon Jesus, the Prisoner of Love, whose Most Sacred Heart beats for us in the Tabernacle. 

"However, human social life is possible thanks to a certain dialectic of silence and speaking...." How true, but forgotten: silence is just as necessary as conversation in the dialectic of life. How tiring are those conversations in which silence is not allowed to accent, develop, and clarify--if not rebuke--what is spoken.

This reminds me of something that I once read by St. Mother Teresa, though I realize many might question the validity of her canonization. She wrote something to the effect that in a world as deranged as ours now is, what still makes sense is to live a life of prayer and mercy. 

What a convicting yet inspiring person. Are the two, however, ever far from each other?
(04-21-2018, 02:13 PM)Bourbon Apocalypse Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for posting this.

"For the people around her, she is a question mark and sometimes an exclamation point." This, in an unadorned yet poetic manner, completely captures her special vocation. 

"The nun, who has for the past 30 years lived in the hermitage of the Most Holy Heart of Jesus, is really amazing." This reveals the poetry of sanctity, especially as one reflects upon Jesus, the Prisoner of Love, whose Most Sacred Heart beats for us in the Tabernacle. 

"However, human social life is possible thanks to a certain dialectic of silence and speaking...." How true, but forgotten: silence is just as necessary as conversation in the dialectic of life. How tiring are those conversations in which silence is not allowed to accent, develop, and clarify--if not rebuke--what is spoken.

This reminds me of something that I once read by St. Mother Teresa, though I realize many might question the validity of her canonization. She wrote something to the effect that in a world as deranged as ours now is, what still makes sense is to live a life of prayer and mercy. 

What a convicting yet inspiring person. Are the two, however, ever far from each other?
Peace..... I just remembered this morning reading an article a few years ago, that Italy has the highest number of female hermits.  I thought this was interesting!  I know if I was living in Italy, I would never be home - because I would be out visiting all the Saints - everyday!  haha!!  God bless, angeltime Heart