FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Shocking Pope Francis quotes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Has anyone seen this list of quotes from Pope Francis?

FrancisQuotes.com

This is obviously very concerning. What are peoples thoughts on this?
(04-22-2018, 03:00 PM)pabbie Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone seen this list of quotes from Pope Francis?

FrancisQuotes.com

Have you seen the Denzinger Bergoglio site which compares PF quotes to the Magiaterium?

https://en-denzingerbergoglio.com
(04-22-2018, 03:00 PM)pabbie Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone seen this list of quotes from Pope Francis?

FrancisQuotes.com

There's a lot disconcerting which surrounds our Holy Father, but we're still bound to be subject to him.
I think that Pope Francis is being quoted out of context and that these out of context quotes are being repeated all over the place by people who should know better.
(04-22-2018, 09:51 PM)yablabo Wrote: [ -> ]

FrancisQuotes.com

There's a lot disconcerting which surrounds our Holy Father, but we're still bound to be subject to him.

You really need to take a closer look at the website in question. Looking at this page on that website, all the quotes from the Catholic Church are unanimous in stating that Catholics are NOT to be subject to a pope teaching in this manner. Have another look.
(04-23-2018, 12:25 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]I think that Pope Francis is being quoted out of context and that these out of context quotes are being repeated all over the place by people who should know better.

There are over 30 very clearly worded quotes on that website (also on the Vatican websites), many of which can only mean one thing. As much as I don't like the quotes, it is just wishful thinking to categorize all of them as being "out of context". We can't kid ourselves and just stick our heads in the sand on this.
If Francis announced that the sun rose in the west and someone pointed out that it rises in the east, Poche would claim that his words were taken out of context. Once, twice maybe, but there are just too many well documented statements on the Vatican website, at Vatican radio, and other reliable sources that are at total odds with the Faith to keep claiming that he's being taken out of context.
In the history of the Church, while we have been blessed to have mostly holy men in the office of Pope, there have been a few despots and tyrants, people much worse than Pope Francis.

And in those situations, the Pope has either been a "silent" Pope, meaning that while he did evil things, he made no new pronouncements on Doctrine, thus leaving the authentic teachings of the Faith untouched, or he has been a "do as I say, not as I do" Pope, meaning that while he may have been doing many things that were wrong, and/or making many "off the cuff" comments that were not in line with Catholic Doctrine, any ex cathedra statements that he did make were in fact in line with Doctrine.

I believe Francis to be in the latter category. I have said this before on FishEaters, but when Francis leaves office, either by resignation or death, people are going to find that Doctrine has remained unchanged-- to the relief of Francis' critics, and to the chagrin of his more "liberal" supporters.

People need to remember Scripture: the gates of Hell will not prevail against Holy Mother Church.

And I will say this again, too: Pope Francis' Pontificate is not going to be a long one. He's about five years in now, and my guess is he's got about one or two years left to go, before he either resigns or dies (in the latter case, hopefully he will be graced with a Heavenly reward, as we all wish to be).
(04-23-2018, 12:49 AM)pabbie Wrote: [ -> ]

FrancisQuotes.com

You really need to take a closer look at the website in question. Looking at this page on that website, all the quotes from the Catholic Church are unanimous in stating that Catholics are NOT to be subject to a pope teaching in this manner. Have another look.

Ok so the FrancisQuotes site and the Denzinger-Bergoglio site do the same thing, Francis has made numerous off the wall and questionable remarks that appear to be inconsistent with the Magisterium. The FrancisQuotes site contains a list of Mass locations at sedevecantist churchs (the list is out of date BTW); so your site is promoting sedevecantism.  My question to you is this.

Using the Magisterium can you provide a logical and coherent case for sedevecantism? Or give an example using the great heresies in the history of the church where leaving the church provided the correct solution to battling said heresy.
(04-23-2018, 12:49 AM)pabbie Wrote: [ -> ]

FrancisQuotes.com

'Fraid not.  The Pope does not exercise the keys by the leave of his brother bishops or us.  Example: St. Athanasius remained subject to Pope Liberius, even though the saint was unjustly condemned for his orthodoxy.  At that time the whole world woke up heretics. 

Are the people below supposed to support a luciferan revolt against authority simply because the Pope is an evil man?  Were we or the Pope even promised that the Pope would be granted impeccability by his petrine office?  How about the notion that all human creatures must be subject to the Roman Pontiff for salvation?  How does that work out for people who say "I will not serve" simply because they ascribe specific sins to the Pope?

Even the Popes who are damnatio memoriae are still acknowledged as Pope.
Pages: 1 2 3