FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Where both Catholics & Protestants are wrong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Both C and P are wrong, and I refer to MOST of them, not all. But that "most" is apparently about 90%?

God knows

But  they are both wrong in the sense that neither group is doing much to do what Jesus said. Jesus said to preach to everyone. Catholics are particularly bad at preaching. They seem to (my experience) go to Mass on Sunday and that is IT vis a vis Jesus and His Mandate.

I realize Catholics have a different way of evangelizing. But most of the ones I know do not seem to be doing ANY... (seem to be, I say, because again, only God really knows).

Well, only God knows who is doing what and etc., when I am not looking, but you know.. whenever i am looking, I see.. what I see. I see (again) people going to Mass, sometimes every day... but when I have socialized w/ those people,they usually talk about worldy things, about as much as pagans do... Never have I heard in said social encounters: How can we win souls for Jesus? No, you hear that from some Protestant groups and not even all of them..

I realize it is difficult because Cahtolicism is so different. But maybe the world would not be so hostile to Catholicism.. if people KNEW Catholicism? Do ya think? And why do they not know Catholicism? They don't know it because Catholics do not share it!

And that is a big shame... and then we whine & complain when Protestants and others are so "mean to us."

looks like we deserve it.
(04-23-2018, 12:45 PM)gracemary5 Wrote: [ -> ]Both C and P are wrong, and I refer to MOST of them, not all. But that "most" is apparently about 90%?

God knows

But  they are both wrong in the sense that neither group is doing much to do what Jesus said. Jesus said to preach to everyone. Catholics are particularly bad at preaching. They seem to (my experience) go to Mass on Sunday and that is IT vis a vis Jesus and His Mandate.

I realize Catholics have a different way of evangelizing. But most of the ones I know do not seem to be doing ANY... (seem to be, I say, because again, only God really knows).

Well, only God knows who is doing what and etc., when I am not looking,  but you know.. whenever i am looking, I see.. what I see. I see (again) people going to Mass, sometimes every day... but when I have socialized w/ those people,they usually talk about worldy things, about as much as pagans do... Never have I heard in said social encounters: How can we win souls for Jesus? No, you hear that from some Protestant groups and not even all of them..

I realize it is difficult because Cahtolicism is so different. But maybe the world would not be so hostile to Catholicism.. if people KNEW Catholicism? Do ya think? And why do they not know Catholicism? They don't know it because Catholics do not share it!

And that is a big shame... and then we whine & complain when Protestants and others are so "mean to us."

I understand your frustration. We're far from the days of Pentecost, but I can only offer you this thought I had while reading your post... Jesus said to go and make disciples of men, and he said this to His successors. Making disciples can include preaching, but not necessarily so. 

And I think if we lay people live a holy life and leave a good example, totally unashamed to be who we are and loving our faith and sharing it when people are open to that, then I trust we're okay before God.
"I'm a child" said the bulky ungroomed male figure, of whom the mixture of cigar smoke and lesser odors radiated. I sat in the shop without any meaningful reproach until I couldn't keep being polite longer and so I left. Later on, it hit me this man was "somebody's child" and he wasn't joking. I was below him not entertaining the idea washing his feet.
(04-24-2018, 07:02 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2018, 12:45 PM)gracemary5 Wrote: [ -> ]Both C and P are wrong, and I refer to MOST of them, not all. But that "most" is apparently about 90%?

God knows

Well, only God knows who is doing what and etc., when I am not looking,  but you know.. whenever i am looking, I see.. what I see. I see (again) people going to Mass, sometimes every day... but when I have socialized w/ those people,they usually talk about worldy things, about as much as pagans do... Never have I heard in said social encounters: How can we win souls for Jesus? No, you hear that from some Protestant groups and not even all of them..

I understand your frustration. We're far from the days of Pentecost, but I can only offer you this thought I had while reading your post... Jesus said to go and make disciples of men, and he said this to His successors. Making disciples can include preaching, but not necessarily so. 

And I think if we lay people live a holy life and leave a good example, totally unashamed to be who we are and loving our faith and sharing it when people are open to that, then I trust we're okay before God.
The church teaches that if we dont evangelize our salvation is in jeopardy. 

u can be creative about how to evangelize, base how you do that on your talents and station in life and etc... etc but you have to evangelize