FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Special prayer dates in catholic tradition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there any dates or times of the day in catholic tradition where prayers are especially efficacious? I was reading something about Islam once where certain days of the year make a prayer ten times more efficacious before God.
I've never run across the idea, but of course there are certain prayers that are said at certain times traditionally, for instance the Te Deum on St Sylvester's Day (New Years Eve), the Rosary during the month of May, etc.
Some say that the prayers of saints are more efficacious on their feast days. 

The hour of 3:00 is held in high regard as Christ died then, some say prayers said at that time are more efficacious. 

In any case this is all popular piety. Don't treat it like some magical formula.
(04-25-2018, 05:07 PM)randomtradguy Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any dates or times of the day in catholic tradition where prayers are especially efficacious? I was reading something about Islam once where certain days of the year make a prayer ten times more efficacious before God.
Peace....just off the top of my head, I would say for the souls in purgatory, prayers offered on All Souls Day and any Saints Day, (novenas leading up to a Saint's day) or during the high times/of the liturgical seasons.

God bless, angeltime :heart:
(04-25-2018, 05:07 PM)randomtradguy Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any dates or times of the day in catholic tradition where prayers are especially efficacious? I was reading something about Islam once where certain days of the year make a prayer ten times more efficacious before God.
Peace.....forgot the Angelus which is prayed morning, noon, and evening - when these & other prayers such as the Liturgy of the Hours are prayed in common or universally too, they are very powerful.  We must keep in mind though, that God will receive and do what He wills with our prayers..... God bless, angeltime :heart: