FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: It's hard not to be a heretic?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sometimes it seems it is difficult to avoid being a heretic because we humans tend to think for ourselves (in all the wrong ways)

and yet we c annot help thinking aboiut certain things

like: Is the Catholic Church STILL the Catholic Church? Jesus promised that the gates of Hell would not prevail against His Church so we know it will never be utterly destroyed and yet many say that Pope F is a heretic (therefore not a Catholic). Lately, he seems to be more Catholic  than at first.. but who knows what is going on there.. i don't subscribe to the Vatican paper or---

so anyway, one poster here was saying he couldn't believe in Hell bc of the torture one experiences there for all eternity.

but the  thing is.. What about the persons tortured by that damned soul on Earth? A lot of times, when a person is victimized (and all of us will be victimized one way or the other before it is all over with, eh?) that person feels that this horrible situation brought about by the victimizer will just go on-- forever. A victim of child abuse feels she will never be normal, she will never be like those who had good parents.. same with a victim of the crime of burglary and assault..and so on with other victims of horrendous crimes. They have had an eternal injustice done against them, for lack of a better way to put it. Sin has an eternal nature to it... (I speak of the consequences thereof). And then there is the psg in the Word that says that God's eyes are too pure to look upon sin (exact words).

If God is not going to look upon your horrible, unabsolved sin, well, you belong somehwere other than Heaven where He is. If you have loved evil, you will go to the Land of Evil when you die and that is exactly waht you asked for...

so what is the problem believing in Hell?

I believe God gives everyone a chance to avoid Hell, and in fact, we are given these chances every day in a plethora of ways. If we reject Him and his Church until death... well, that is our own choice..

and btw

Those who choose Hell would absolutely HATE Heaven
(04-28-2018, 01:33 PM)gracemary5 Wrote: [ -> ]sometimes it seems it is difficult to avoid being a heretic because we humans tend to think for ourselves (in all the wrong ways)

and yet we c annot help thinking aboiut certain things

like: Is the Catholic Church STILL the Catholic Church? Jesus promised that the gates of Hell would not prevail against His Church so we know it will never be utterly destroyed and yet many say that Pope F is a heretic (therefore not a Catholic). Lately, he seems to be more Catholic  than at first.. but who knows what is going on there.. i don't subscribe to the Vatican paper or---

so anyway, one poster here was saying he couldn't believe in Hell bc of the torture one experiences there for all eternity.

but the  thing is.. What about the persons tortured by that damned soul on Earth? A lot of times, when a person is victimized (and all of us will be victimized one way or the other before it is all over with, eh?) that person feels that this horrible situation brought about by the victimizer will just go on-- forever. A victim of child abuse feels she will never be normal, she will never be like those who had good parents.. same with a victim of the crime of burglary and assault..and so on with other victims of horrendous crimes. They have had an eternal injustice done against them, for lack of a better way to put it. Sin has an eternal nature to it... (I speak of the consequences thereof). And then there is the psg in the Word that says that God's eyes are too pure to look upon sin (exact words).

If God is not going to look upon your horrible, unabsolved sin, well, you belong somehwere other than Heaven where He is. If you have loved evil, you will go to the Land of Evil when you die and that is exactly waht you asked for...

so what is the problem believing in Hell?

I believe God gives everyone a chance to avoid Hell, and in fact, we are given these chances every day in a plethora of ways. If we reject Him and his Church until death... well, that is our own choice..

and btw

Those who choose Hell would absolutely HATE Heaven

I read once about an afterlife experience where the person saw people in hell and everyone was in a box where what they did to people in life was what was being done to them.  It didn't mention anything about the Catholic Church, so I don't know how real it was, but considering the importance Christ placed on doing unto others as we would have them do to us, that seems like a fitting punishment for those in hell.