FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Everyone believes in Hell but no one thinks he is going there
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Beware of this  thought, that you cannot or will not end up in Hell.

God is absolutely holy and just. He gave us Jesus and he handed everything over to Jesus (as said in the Word aka the bible)

Catholics are closer to Jesus than noncatholics. that is objective truth (if there ever was objective truth). But that doesn't mean all (even practicing) Catholics will get to Heaven.

It is not easy getting to Heaven. If you don't believe me, believe t he saints. Believe St Paul who is purported to have said "We must undergo many hardships in order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven" (I say Purported because that is actually attributed to the group Paul was in--- at the time it was recorded/written down)

A lot of people think they can refrain from evangelizing in any way and still get to Heaven.. sounds like protestantism.. once saved always saved? get saved and after that you can do any sin you want and still get to Heaven (Huh??!!!)

That is the most ridiculous bellief ever invented by man although really invented by the Master Deceiver Satan

anyway, a lot of "good" people will end up in Hell.

Jesus said to  those who had even done MIRACLES in his name "Depart from me, you evildoers"

I think this is the scariest psg in the Bible..

a lot of "evildoers" don't look very evil... they make sure their appearance is always that of .. an "angel of light"

in other words,  they are sneaky...  they do weasel moves... (don't mean to make light of the topic...)
Hell is not talked about these days, even in Churches.

There are entire Protestant denominations that do not believe in Hell. This is very troubling, IMO.
Tough Question Little Boy asks Holy Father

While I think there can be errant interpretations to this, I do think Francis handled this as best as he could to the little bambino. He doesn't say that his father is in Heaven; but he says his father was courageous to baptize his children, even though he didn't believe, and that God wants all to come to Him. He then asked his boy to pray for his dad.
(04-29-2018, 07:57 AM)Paustenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]Tough Question Little Boy asks Holy Father

While I think there can be errant interpretations to this, I do think Francis handled this as best as he could to the little bambino. He doesn't say that his father is in Heaven; but he says his father was courageous to baptize his children, even though he didn't believe, and that God wants all to come to Him.  He then asked his boy to pray for his dad.
I would hate to be in the Popes situation here or any priests who is asked this question in front of a crowd of kids.
(04-29-2018, 01:06 PM)havok579257 Wrote: [ -> ]I would hate to be in the Popes situation here or any priests who is asked this question in front of a crowd of kids.

Yeah, it is not easy and this I think was a good moment for Papa Francesco.
There is nothing I can do to keep myself from Hell. Nothing. I can do things that show that I'm trying to follow the example of Christ, but left to my own devices there is absolutely no way I am getting into Heaven - or even purgatory for that matter. I'm a very weak individual compared to most. However, I pray, that when I die I will be brought into heaven by the Sacrifice of Christ for my sins because I will hope that I can at that time show Him that I've tried my best - even though it will not be enough, I guarantee it, to justify entrance on its own merits. At least, that is how I understand the teachings on entering Heaven.
(04-29-2018, 07:57 AM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]Tough Question Little Boy asks Holy Father

While I think there can be errant interpretations to this, I do think Francis handled this as best as he could to the little bambino. He doesn't say that his father is in Heaven; but he says his father was courageous to baptize his children, even though he didn't believe, and that God wants all to come to Him.  He then asked his boy to pray for his dad.

The problem here is that the translation is wrong. 

The Pope's words were: "Parla con tua papà, prega a tua papà." This translates to talk with your dad, pray to your dad. Whereas, the subtitles show it was saying talk to your dad, pray for your dad. In Italian, "per" is for, while "a" is to. There's no translation for "a" that gives you "for." This changes what he's saying to say that his father is actually in heaven and is a saint.
(04-30-2018, 09:56 AM)GangGreen Wrote: [ -> ]The problem here is that the translation is wrong. 

The Pope's words were: "Parla con tua papa, prega a tua papa." This translates to talk with your dad, pray to your dad. Whereas, the subtitles show it was saying talk to your dad, pray for your dad. In Italian, "per" is for, while "a" is to. There's no translation for "a" that gives you "for." This changes what he's saying to say that his father is actually in heaven and is a saint.
Ugh I should have known it was too good to be true. sad
(04-30-2018, 09:58 AM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]Ugh I should have known it was too good to be true.  sad

Yeah, the remnant also had an article about this recently:
https://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.p...n-lutheran