FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: What do you know about Gregory Baum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am reading 'Phoenix From the Ashes', by Chevalier Henry Sire, the author of 'The Dictator Pope'. Twice, so far, he has identified the 'theologian' who helped draft the heresies in Dignitatis humanae, as a communist, once referring to him as a Party member.

Anyone know any details?
Another Canadian to be proud of...

His Eulogy in the Globe and Mail should tell you everything you need to know.

Gregory Baum
I figured he was behind the heretical 'Winnipeg Statement'.
(04-30-2018, 04:27 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]I figured he was behind the heretical 'Winnipeg Statement'.

Impressive resume; An Ecumenist who married Liberation Theology to the Frankfurt School to become a pioneer of the Churches social justice movement,  he pushed the current standing position that the church should cease all efforts to convert the Jews, and was a sympathizer with Quebec’s separatist movement.  For his work towards leading a once great Catholic nation to its current state, He received the Order of Canada. Typical.
Gregory Baum was a wicked man who used the Church for his own evil purposes.  Check out the video in the link below for some good information about him.  This entire episode is excellent, and I highly recommend watching it in its entirety, but there is a clip at 5:35 of Fr. Thomas Rosica and Gregory Baum talking about how Baum used his position of influence to abuse the Church, and Fr. Rosica lavishing him with praise for his theology and "love of the Church."

https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/baum-shell

Two priests, one remaining in public ministry, the other having left it for lesser things, and eventually dying in his filth.
Two priests, both diabolical infiltrators who rape the Bride of Christ with their demonic ideology, who work to infect rather than to love.

"Heth. Jerusalem hath grievously sinned, therefore is she become unstable: all that honoured her have despised her, because they have seen her shame: but she sighed and turned backward.  Teth. Her filthiness is on her feet, and she hath not remembered her end: she is wonderfully cast down, not having a comforter: behold, O Lord, my affliction, because the enemy is lifted up. [url=http://drbo.org/x/d?b=drb&bk=29&ch=1&l=10-#x][/url] Jod. The enemy hath put out his hand to all her desirable things: for she hath seen the Gentiles enter into her sanctuary, of whom thou gavest commandment that they should not enter into thy church. " - Lamentations 1:8-10
“I did not profess my own homosexuality in public because such an act of honesty would have reduced my influence as a critical theologian.”
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/major-...l-sex-life
Apperently he also said Jews didn't need to convert .
Well, he was half Talmudist.
But, I'm still looking for the communist connection. Sire says he was a Party member. He doesn't footnote it, so I'm wondering if it's true. Not that I would be surprised.
(05-01-2018, 01:36 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]But, I'm still looking for the communist connection. Sire says he was a Party member. He doesn't footnote it, so I'm wondering if it's true. Not that I would be surprised.

He viewed Catholicism through the lens of critical theory; he was a marxist in practice. He may not have been a member of the party, but he probably knew the secret handshake. He was more likely just another useful idiot (I think that is the term the marxists coined?).
(04-30-2018, 03:17 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]I am reading 'Phoenix From the Ashes', by Chevalier Henry Sire, the author of 'The Dictator Pope'. Twice, so far, he has identified the 'theologian' who helped draft the heresies in Dignitatis humanae, as a communist, once referring to him as a Party member.

Anyone know any details?

There is plenty and he was key; listen to this:

this:

https://msgrfoy.com/2014/03/23/notes-on-gregory-baum-by-their-fruits-you-shall-know-them-by-monsignor-vincent-foy/

I
would like to get the references that Msgr Foy mentions. Does anyone live in Canada?