FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Spiritual issues with my bedroom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been wondering about this for months, and I'm now considering the possibility that there might actually be something demonic happening in my bedroom. I have good reason to suspect it, as I used to live a sexually perverse life before my reversion and the vast majority of those perverse acts happened in my bedroom, so there's good reason to suspect a door was opened. I'm still far from 100% sure, but I want to know if there's anyway I could test this out to see if there's anything demonic happening. Does there exist any prayers I could say to scout out anything that might be occupying or having influence over my bedroom?
(05-02-2018, 10:18 PM)MaryLover Wrote: [ -> ]I have been wondering about this for months, and I'm now considering the possibility that there might actually be something demonic happening in my bedroom. I have good reason to suspect it, as I used to live a sexually perverse life before my reversion and the vast majority of those perverse acts happened in my bedroom, so there's good reason to suspect a door was opened. I'm still far from 100% sure, but I want to know if there's anyway I could test this out to see if there's anything demonic happening. Does there exist any prayers I could say to scout out anything that might be occupying or having influence over my bedroom?

If you think there's demonic activity, then ask a priest.  He may be able to recommend an exorcist to examine your issue.  Also, using holy water to bless your bed, blessed salts on your window, having a scapular sewn to your pillow, crucifixes on your walls and blessed images of the saints can be helpful.  Ultimately, it is nothing to fear, though, the occurrences can be frightening.  Just remember that God has everything ordered with infinite love and care and Our Lady is a wonderful mother and advocate to whom we can turn in times of need.
Definitely have a priest come bless your house.
Are you having night terrors?
/
When you feel that demons are after you but you can't move?  These have a physiological basis, meaning, it is medical, stress can be a catalyst.  I don't know of any treatment except to know that it is medical, not demons, even tho if feels VERY real.
If you mean something different, then start with Confession.  And what others have suggested.
I understand what you're going through as I have been dealt with the same thing.  It is two fold meaning there are issues here with the brain and that of a spiritual nature.  The perverse acts you refer to feel good and is pleasurable in the physical sense but since our bodies are disordered and stained by original sin, this causes a major conflict with what "feels" good versus what "is" good.  Not to digress into the biology of humanity but just wanted to touch on that briefly.

When you go into your bedroom, that temptation of physical pleasure will surface thus trying to lead you to "feel good".  There appears to be some underlying issues in your life ie stress, depression, fear, etc., which will cause you to seek pleasure on practically a non-stop basis.  This is the devil's playground and is the underlying cause of all vices and addictions.  If he, or other demons, can keep those issues hidden, then you will stay in a state of pleasure seeking thus making you life more difficult to endure.

So, a particular strategy has been working for me even though I fall down at times.  When you approach your bedroom, stop for a second and make the sign of The Cross.  After that, it's up to you because that single second act of making the sign will shove the devil away .  An OF, HM, GB would do you good as well.  Of course, this is not an overnight fix but it allows God to work in your soul and great things will come.

You are in my prayers...
All sin brings us into communion with the devil. When Pelagia converted the demon shouted at her from outside her room for all to hear. I imagine that it was very scary.
(05-03-2018, 08:52 PM)MaryTN Wrote: [ -> ]Are you having night terrors?
/
When you feel that demons are after you but you can't move?  These have a physiological basis, meaning, it is medical, stress can be a catalyst.  I don't know of any treatment except to know that it is medical, not demons, even tho if feels VERY real.
If you mean something different, then start with Confession.  And what others have suggested.

(05-04-2018, 11:06 AM)capmchuck Wrote: [ -> ]I understand what you're going through as I have been dealt with the same thing.  It is two fold meaning there are issues here with the brain and that of a spiritual nature.  The perverse acts you refer to feel good and is pleasurable in the physical sense but since our bodies are disordered and stained by original sin, this causes a major conflict with what "feels" good versus what "is" good.  Not to digress into the biology of humanity but just wanted to touch on that briefly.

When you go into your bedroom, that temptation of physical pleasure will surface thus trying to lead you to "feel good".  There appears to be some underlying issues in your life ie stress, depression, fear, etc., which will cause you to seek pleasure on practically a non-stop basis.  This is the devil's playground and is the underlying cause of all vices and addictions.  If he, or other demons, can keep those issues hidden, then you will stay in a state of pleasure seeking thus making you life more difficult to endure.

So, a particular strategy has been working for me even though I fall down at times.  When you approach your bedroom, stop for a second and make the sign of The Cross.  After that, it's up to you because that single second act of making the sign will shove the devil away .  An OF, HM, GB would do you good as well.  Of course, this is not an overnight fix but it allows God to work in your soul and great things will come.

You are in my prayers...
What happens is, almost every time, I enter my room, I get bombarded with all these angry, anxious, negatives thoughts, and sometimes I think about doing things, I wouldn't normally think about doing. On top of that, something really weird is happening with my light it started flickering, and when it first started doing this, the every time I would really worried about something, or struggle with a certain thought, the light would flicker more wildly. I assumed it was just coincidental, but my parents noticed the flickering as well and have made several attempts to fix it, including calling an electrician, and yet they figure out what's wrong with it, it's as though the light is completely normal. But what's really making me consider whether or not there's something supernatural happening in my room is that, sometimes I'll take my statue of Our Lady of Fatima into another room and kneel down in front of it to pray. (Because in my bedroom, my statue is in a position where it's difficult for me to pray in front of.) I've noticed that, whenever I do that, I'm much more relaxed and at peace, then I am kneeling in front of my home altar in my room. I'll still have bad thoughts, but it's nowhere near the same intensity as it is in my bedroom, that's what's got me really wondering.

I will try to see if I can get a priest to bless my room for me, and try to get into the habit of praying more.
Thanks for the advice everyone.