FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Waffle House
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Waffle House.  One of the best, though maybe not healthiest, eateries?
Consider me Russian
Definitely not what my cardiologist ordered, but I love it!
There are no Waffle Houses in Canada, so it begs the question, Is it better, equivalent or not as good as IHOP?
Obviously, I am a Russian troll so, Waffle House 101 it is. Lucky for you, I need to get back to screaming at this ice hockey game so I'll make it easy.

What are grits and what is the beverage Pibb? For a place called “Waffle House”, why are the waffle options so limited? Isn’t the breakfast menu really similar in taste to the lunch/dinner menu? What does a Waffle House look like? I picture a truck stop interior.

I've never been to IHOP either.
Grits, known only to the cognoscenti of the American South, are a delicious dish of ground hominy (kernels of corn 'dehulled' by soaking in lye), which can be served with milk and sugar as a porridge, or with red eye gravy as a savoury side dish. Some people like them with just butter and a bit of salt.

Mr Pibb is a Dr Pepper knock off.

And the interiors look like any sit-down, 'casual dining' family restaurant, but each table has (had? it's been years) a rack of diffrerent tupes of pancake/waffle syrup.
The one time I went there, I pulled a really long hair out of my food. It lost its appeal to me after that. I’m sure I would go again anyway if it were the most convenient place around, particularly if I could walk to it, but there are quite a few places between my home and the nearest Waffle House where I’ve never found hair in my food.
(05-04-2018, 02:51 PM)The Tax Collector Wrote: [ -> ]There are no Waffle Houses in Canada, so it begs the question, Is it better, equivalent or not as good as IHOP?

IMHO, IHOP can suck a monkey through a garden hose compared to Waffle House.

(05-04-2018, 03:22 PM)Zubr Wrote: [ -> ]For a place called “Waffle House”, why are the waffle options so limited? Isn’t the breakfast menu really similar in taste to the lunch/dinner menu?

Similar, yes. Identical, no. You can't top jalapeno hash browns.

Quote:I've never been to IHOP either.

Not missing much.

(05-04-2018, 04:23 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: [ -> ]The one time I went there, I pulled a really long hair out of my food. It lost its appeal to me after that. I’m sure I would go again anyway if it were the most convenient place around, particularly if I could walk to it, but there are quite a few places between my home and the nearest Waffle House where I’ve never found hair in my food.

I've never had a bad experience at Waffle House. That being said, being married with kids, older, and ostensibly more mature, it's nice to "go to" a Waffle House instead of "ending up" in a Waffle House.

This thread needs a theme song.

Anthony Bourdain digs the WH:

(05-04-2018, 03:49 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]Grits, known only to the cognoscenti of the American South, are a delicious dish of ground hominy (kernels of corn 'dehulled' by soaking in lye), which can be served with milk and sugar as a porridge, or with red eye gravy as a savoury side dish. Some people like them with just butter and a bit of salt.

As voice from the south, you speak Yankee heresy: "cognoscenti of the American South, are a delicious dish of ground hominy (kernels of corn 'dehulled' by soaking in lye), which can be served with milk and sugar as a porridge" OMG!! Horror of horrors!!! :cry:

Now, this is more like it: " with red eye gravy as a savoury side dish. Some people like them with just butter and a bit of salt" and mix in some fried eggs or scrambled even, YUMMY!! :)
Pages: 1 2 3