FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: In Ascensione Domini
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today is the Feast In Ascensione Domini, the Ascension of Our Lord. The Feast of the Ascension is a Holy Day of Obligation in Austria, Belgium, Brunei, the Diocese of Macau, Croatia, Denmark, England and Wales, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Indonesia, Lebanon, Malaysia, the Netherlands, Norway, Scotland, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, All the Eastern Catholic Churches, the Vatican City (of course!), and the Ecclesiastical Provinces of Boston, Hartford, New York, Newark, Omaha (hurrah!), and Philadelphia, as well as the Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of Saint Peter, in the United States,
Going to 7pm Mass tonight, church will be doing a Solemn High Mass, should be wonderful  Smile
(05-10-2018, 04:49 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]Today is the Feast In Ascensione Domini, the Ascension of Our Lord. The Feast of the Ascension is a Holy Day of Obligation in Austria, Belgium, Brunei, the Diocese of Macau, Croatia, Denmark, England and Wales, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Indonesia, Lebanon, Malaysia, the Netherlands, Norway, Scotland, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, All the Eastern Catholic Churches, the Vatican City (of course!), and the Ecclesiastical Provinces of Boston, Hartford, New York, Newark, Omaha (hurrah!), and Philadelphia, as well as the Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of Saint Peter, in the United States,
Canada is one of a handful of countries that only has two holy days of obligation remaining on the calendar. However, both traditional societies are holding solemn high masses this evening at 7 pm, for anyone near or visiting Calgary.  The FSSP Superior General (Father Berg) will be celebrating Mass at St Anthony’s.  At the same time, Father Pfluger is in Calgary as well at St Dennis; he celebrated the First Saturday votive mass for Our Lady last weekend, and gave the homily on Sunday.
Member of the Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of St Peter. Went to a 6:30 am TLM Missa Cantata, because I was up at 4 am.
I was going to go to an Ordinary Form Mass in English this morning, even though the Mass of the Day in my diocese is Thursday of the Sixth Week of Easter and not the Ascension, as little form of protest (like, I'm still going to go to Mass even though I'm not required to! Sticking tongue out at you ). 

But at Low Mass on Sunday the priest announced that there would be an unscheduled Mass at 7 pm for the Ascension. So, I'll be going to Low Mass at 7 pm.
In my diocese the Ascension gets relegated to the next Sunday in the NO so I'm going to a High Mass at 7 as well.
(05-10-2018, 11:28 AM)LaudeturIesus Wrote: [ -> ]an unscheduled Mass at 7 pm for the Ascension. 

My Pastor did that for the Circumcision/Mary Mother of God in January. Since it fell on Monday, it wasn't a Day of Obligation, and the normal daily Mass is at 07.00. At Sunday Mass, Father announced that, whilst it wasn't of Obligation, he would be celebrating Holy Mass at 09.00 if anyone wanted to join him. He warned that the temperature was forecast for minus 20 F! It turned out to be only minus 13 when I walked to Mass. LOL
Ascension is relegated to this Sunday as well in my diocese, but Sunday our priest announced there will be Low Mass at 6:30pm tonight. And it will be Low Mass in the church, not the chapel, where all the Latin Masses are usually held.

Right now, the chapel is a converted school room . . . but the altar is lovely, as are the statues of St. Agatha and Our Lady. Right now, a newer, bigger church is being built to accommodate the NO Masses. Once it is complete, the "old" church will become the new chapel.