FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Vatican canonizes un-Catholic popes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
The Pope may or may not be Catholic, that's not my place to judge. But regardless of this, he still should be corrected eg. "There is no Hell".

True love means "to will the good of another", now allowing someone to fall deeper and deeper into sin is certainly not good.
(06-14-2018, 02:46 PM)ServusDei Wrote: [ -> ]Our Pope has not said anything heretical, or even vaguely so. Moreover, do we trust pagan reporters more than our Sovereign Pontiff? especially reporters who have a knack for spinning the truth?

You mean like reporters who say the Pope denied Hell?

The response from the Vatican should have been that the Pope believes in Hell. But it wasn't. They said only that the Pope was misquoted, leaving the impression that the Pope doesn't believe in Hell but that the reporter didn't use the Pope's exact words. Not heretical, but scandalous. And since this isn't the first time this reporter has supposedly misquoted the Pope, why is the Pope continuing to grant interviews with him? The Pope has to know the media will try to twist his words to support their agendas, and giving comments like 'who am I to judge?' feeds that. That itself is a fault, knowing you're the face of the Catholic Church to the world.
9 ways of being an accessory to another's sin

I. By counsel II. By command III. By consent IV. By provocation V. By praise or flattery VI. By concealment VII. By partaking VIII. By silence IX. By defense of the ill done
(06-14-2018, 03:12 PM)Dominicus Wrote: [ -> ]9 ways of being an accessory to another's sin

VIII. By silence

You mean like being silent on the Irish referendum and the Argentine 'legalisation' of mass murder?
(06-14-2018, 03:17 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2018, 03:12 PM)Dominicus Wrote: [ -> ]9 ways of being an accessory to another's sin

VIII. By silence

You mean like being silent on the Irish referendum and the Argentine 'legalisation' of mass murder?

Yes, like that.
I agree that the Vatican Press Office could have responded better to the allegations. But, that does not justify trusting the liberalist pagan press over our Church founded by Christ about which He promised that the gates of hell would not prevail against it.
(06-14-2018, 03:29 PM)ServusDei Wrote: [ -> ]I agree that the Vatican Press Office could have responded better to the allegations. But, that does not justify trusting the liberalist pagan press over our Church founded by Christ about which He promised that the gates of hell would not prevail against it.

Nobody here is saying they trust the press more than Christ but by remaining silent and not denying it the Pope caused grave scandal which is wrong.
The Pope did not cause scandal, but the PO did by their inaction.
(06-14-2018, 03:56 PM)ServusDei Wrote: [ -> ]The Pope did not cause scandal, but the PO did by their inaction.

The Pope is the one who allegedly said it, therefore he is just as culpable as the PO. The Pope should have never given that interview and he is certainly able to speak without the PO.
Perhaps he did not even know what the media were claiming he said.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21