FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Silly Moral Questions Which Are Most Likely Minor, But Cause Me To Lose Sleep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title of the thread suggests, I thought it would be nice to have a place where scrupulous people could ask moral questions about minor things, which probably were nothing to severe, but which have been bothering them and they need definitive answers so that they can sleep at night... 

Those in charge of the forum and move this wherever they might like.

I will ask the first question:  Is it sinful to patronize restaurants, or restaurant chains and groups which are known to support anti-Catholic morality (e.g., same sex marriage, infanticide) or which my have blasphemous art or literature on the wall.

On the flip side, if this is the case, would this also entail ceasing to patronize restaurants that are owned by protestants, Jews, or Moslems?
I don't think it's sinful to patronize anti-Catholic restaurants, but I'd avoid them whenever possible. Why support a business that you disagree with?

That wouldn't entail avoiding restaurants and businesses owned by people of other religions. That's completely different than patronizing businesses that are anti-Catholic.
I think two things need to be clarified. Is this business anti catholic? Also does the business flaunt their immoral teachings? Like does a food business promote abortion as a business or do the owners support it and give money to it?

If the business is not anti catholic and does not promote sin openly as a business model then you should be fine shopping there. I mean if you think about it, how many businesses support something we think is sinful or give money to politicians who support sin. It would probably be extremely hard to avoid all of these not to mention to even verify all these businesses moral stances.
(05-13-2018, 10:08 PM)Justin Alphonsus Wrote: [ -> ]As the title of the thread suggests, I thought it would be nice to have a place where scrupulous people could ask moral questions about minor things, which probably were nothing to severe, but which have been bothering them and they need definitive answers so that they can sleep at night... 

I'm not sure having a place for scrupulous people to solve the incessant pangs of a damaged conscience (one that is constantly doubting or looking for a certainty that cannot be had) is a benefit.

It may end up just fostering these worries, and looking for yet more answers. Especially considering that probably no one here can provide any definitive answer.
The only way to get rid of scruples is to starve them, giving them fodder only makes it worse.