FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Jesus, meek and humble of Heart, make my heart like unto Thine!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been struggling a lot anger issues lately, and I'm trying to overcome it. Fr. Chad Ripperger has suggested that people who struggle with anger issues should work on cultivating a devotion to the Sacred Heart. I am trying to get into the habit of saying the Chaplet of the Sacred Heart, and have looked up articles and prayers on the devotion, but I was wondering if anyone here, has any resources and advice on this?
(05-15-2018, 04:11 PM)MaryLover Wrote: [ -> ]I have been struggling a lot anger issues lately, and I'm trying to overcome it. Fr. Chad Ripperger has suggested that people who struggle with anger issues should work on cultivating a devotion to the Sacred Heart. I am trying to get into the habit of saying the Chaplet of the Sacred Heart, and have looked up articles and prayers on the devotion, but I was wondering if anyone here, has any resources and advice on this?
Pax et Bonum!  here is a traditional website you might find helpful.  I think if are praying to the Sacred Heart, learn more about the origins and all the benefits/graces that come with the prayers.  Then, be committed in a serious way if called to continue.....I also think you could get a Sacred Heart Medal and wear that, along with looking into the Scapular.....God bless, angeltime :heart: Sacred Heart
(05-15-2018, 04:11 PM)MaryLover Wrote: [ -> ]I have been struggling a lot anger issues lately, and I'm trying to overcome it. Fr. Chad Ripperger has suggested that people who struggle with anger issues should work on cultivating a devotion to the Sacred Heart. I am trying to get into the habit of saying the Chaplet of the Sacred Heart, and have looked up articles and prayers on the devotion, but I was wondering if anyone here, has any resources and advice on this?

Me! :)

1. This book: 

https://www.amazon.com/Imitation-Sacred-...0895550121

changed my spiritual life. 

2. Audio of it (though robotic) is here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...3D2C6263D1

I listened to this for at least a year before getting the book, and I believe it helped me to get to a new interior level.

3. You can have a priest enthrone an Image of the Sacred Heart in your home...

http://www.catholictradition.org/Two-Hea...ment-3.htm

Then you can pray the title of this thread every time you look at the image. :) 

I'm guessing you already know about the 9 consecutive First Friday Masses...?
(05-15-2018, 04:35 PM)angeltime Wrote: [ -> ]
Pax et Bonum!  here is a traditional website you might find helpful.  I think if are praying to the Sacred Heart, learn more about the origins and all the benefits/graces that come with the prayers.  Then, be committed in a serious way if called to continue.....I also think you could get a Sacred Heart Medal and wear that, along with looking into the Scapular.....God bless, angeltime :heart: Sacred Heart
Pax!  It's important to take note of Fr Ripperger's comment CULTIVATING a devotion, so we know it is a process of learning and growing an interior prayer life and devotion.  Best to be gung-ho and not wishy-washy - but cultivated and committed.  God bless, all the the info you have received thus far on the posts, sounds very interesting!  angeltime :heart:
Here is the link to Fr Jean Croist's The Devotion to the Sacred Heart. He was St Marguerite-Marie Alacoque's spiritual director.