FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: What did I witness? Feeling unsettled.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yesterday, I went to Adoration at the local NO parish, as I frequently do.  It has a Perpetual Adoration chapel that accommodates about 12 worshippers.

I joined one other in the chapel, and later, a few more joined.  I was sitting in the front row, and as usual, not really paying attention to who was coming and going.  All of a sudden, I became distracted by a commotion I could sense going on in the back of the chapel.   I tried my hardest to stay focused and to not look around, but eventually, I just decided I was going to cut short my Adoration time and leave, because the commotion was just too much.

As I exited the chapel, I was able to witness exactly what was occurring . . . except, I am not sure what it was.

A woman in early 20s, wearing a long scarf on her head (not a mantilla), seemed to be performing some sort of ritual on the floor in the back of the chapel.  She was posed in a "downward dog" position, and would then raise her arms in wild gestures, all while mouthing some words that she was reading from small white cards on the floor.  She also played some sort of music from her headphones.   While my first thought was that it was just someone in exuberant prayer, it seemed very strange that she wasn't facing the Blessed Sacrament.  Rather, her back was to the Blessed Sacrament, and her gestures seemed to be directed towards the opposing blank wall. 

Satanists have targeted this church before.   I just can't shake the feeling that she was casting some sort of spell, but I probably am reading too much into it.  What do you think?
That sounds so wrong. I would let the priest know what you saw. 

That's even worse than the time I saw someone crocheting at a Perpetual Adoration Chapel.
Well that's disturbing. Don't know what it could have been but it's definitely wrong.
Reminds me of a time I was at mass and when it got to the consecration someone in the back was just jabbering away so that everyone could hear her.
Tell the Pastor.
(05-15-2018, 04:57 PM)SEDLIBERANOSAMALO Wrote: [ -> ]Yesterday, I went to Adoration at the local NO parish, as I frequently do.  It has a Perpetual Adoration chapel that accommodates about 12 worshippers.

I joined one other in the chapel, and later, a few more joined.  I was sitting in the front row, and as usual, not really paying attention to who was coming and going.  All of a sudden, I became distracted by a commotion I could sense going on in the back of the chapel.   I tried my hardest to stay focused and to not look around, but eventually, I just decided I was going to cut short my Adoration time and leave, because the commotion was just too much.

As I exited the chapel, I was able to witness exactly what was occurring . . . except, I am not sure what it was.

A woman in early 20s, wearing a long scarf on her head (not a mantilla), seemed to be performing some sort of ritual on the floor in the back of the chapel.  She was posed in a "downward dog" position, and would then raise her arms in wild gestures, all while mouthing some words that she was reading from small white cards on the floor.  She also played some sort of music from her headphones.   While my first thought was that it was just someone in exuberant prayer, it seemed very strange that she wasn't facing the Blessed Sacrament.  Rather, her back was to the Blessed Sacrament, and her gestures seemed to be directed towards the opposing blank wall. 

Satanists have targeted this church before.   I just can't shake the feeling that she was casting some sort of spell, but I probably am reading too much into it.  What do you think?
Pax et Bonum!  Yes, I think you would be best to tell the priest expressing your concern.  He may be aware of this women and she could have emotional problems.  However, as an Adore-er in the Chapel, you need to bring it to light.  *Say a prayer for her.  God bless, angeltime :heart:
(05-15-2018, 04:57 PM)SEDLIBERANOSAMALO Wrote: [ -> ]Yesterday, I went to Adoration at the local NO parish, as I frequently do.  It has a Perpetual Adoration chapel that accommodates about 12 worshippers.

Yes.  Odd.  Creepy.  Tell the priest.  But not to worry, my money is on Jesus.
Get out the Tradition Blessed Holy Water which has the exorcism blessing in it and start sprinkling, saying "In the Name of Jesus, -The Father Son and Holy Ghost, all evil go into the ground". Only a priest can place this blessing in the Holy Water. This is one Novus Ordo priest who woke up to the power he has been given!

http://www.traditionalcatholicpriest.com...oly-water/
You couldn't hear any of the words she was reading?

I don't know, the fact that she was excessively bowing away from the Blessed Sacrament seems too much like an attempt to perform a sacred act backwards. You say she was making those gestures towards a blank wall. There's no door or window on that wall? Do you know which cardinal direction she was facing?
(05-15-2018, 09:39 PM)BenedicamDominum Wrote: [ -> ]You couldn't hear any of the words she was reading?

I don't know, the fact that she was excessively bowing away from the Blessed Sacrament seems too much like an attempt to perform a sacred act backwards. You say she was making those gestures towards a blank wall. There's no door or window on that wall? Do you know which cardinal direction she was facing?

She was more mouthing the words.   The volume of the music and the motion of the poses was what was really audible, and is what caused the distraction to begin with . . .   And yes, there is a door on that same wall, so I guess it is not entirely blank; is that what you mean?  She was facing southwest.  

I would describe at least one of the arm gestures as someone cupping water with both hands, bringing them up and then separating the hands as if making a rainbow.  

She definitely was not facing the Blessed Sacrament.  

Not sure if it means anything, but this all happened around 3pm.

And the church has been notified.
Pages: 1 2