FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Did Louis Verecchio and AKACatholic become Sedevacantists?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I used to read his blog more a few years ago, and I check in every now and again.  It seems he is fixated on Francis and has come to the conclusion that he is not the true pope, because he is a heretic.

I don't want to start a gossip session, but does anyone know if he has become a Sedevacantist?
Yeah he's on the Barnhardt bandwagon.

I liked his blog HarvestingTheFruit and AKACatholic at first, but now it has become just as bad as NovusOrdoWatch.
I’m pretty sure he’s a sedevacantist. I am not, although I absolutely can’t stand Pope Francis. I sympathize with his views on some things, but he takes “toxic trad” to a whole new level.
(05-18-2018, 01:45 PM)Justin Alphonsus Wrote: [ -> ]I used to read his blog more a few years ago, and I check in every now and again.  It seems he is fixated on Francis and has come to the conclusion that he is not the true pope, because he is a heretic.

I don't want to start a gossip session, but does anyone know if he has become a Sedevacantist?

I don't know who the heck this is!

but what is so bad about being a sede?

fixated on Francis?

that is odd. I don't find heretics particularly amusing esp not to the point of fixation... but to ea his own
(05-18-2018, 01:45 PM)Justin Alphonsus Wrote: [ -> ]I used to read his blog more a few years ago, and I check in every now and again.  It seems he is fixated on Francis and has come to the conclusion that he is not the true pope, because he is a heretic.

Sedevacantist?  Not sure what you mean by that, as it means 'empty chair.'  Unless my eyes be fooling me with double-vision, seems as if there are two sitting here.

[Image: PopeS.jpg?dl=0]

While I'm not a huge fan of Verecchio, I do find his arguments on the matter to be sound.
(05-18-2018, 06:12 PM)Bonaventure Wrote: [ -> ]

Sedevacantist?  Not sure what you mean by that, as it means 'empty chair.'  Unless my eyes be fooling me with double-vision, seems as if there are two sitting here.

[Image: PopeS.jpg?dl=0]

While I'm not a huge fan of Verecchio, I do find his arguments on the matter to be sound.

Verecchio isn't a Sedevecantist, he rejects Pope Francis because he asserts (contrary to Benedict himself), that Benedict's resignation was invalid.

It is a logical argument only if your restrict yourself to private judgement regarding the wording of Canon Law (to which a Pope is not bound, because he is the legislator) and ignoring the rest of Church History and theology regarding the Pope and Church.
(05-19-2018, 01:52 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]Verecchio isn't a Sedevecantist, he rejects Pope Francis because he asserts (contrary to Benedict himself), that Benedict's resignation was invalid.

That is inexact, as Verecchio recently put forth that Bergoglio is not the Pope because he's a manifest heretic.

Quote:Where I cannot agree with Mr. Ferrara is in the implication that a heretic (like Jorge Bergoglio) can at one and the same time labor to impose error upon the Church as ‘authentic magisterium’ (let’s call it what it really is just like the aforementioned Filial Correction does – not just “error” but heresy) and can still be considered a member of the Church much less the pope.
(05-19-2018, 08:55 AM)Bonaventure Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-19-2018, 01:52 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]Verecchio isn't a Sedevecantist, he rejects Pope Francis because he asserts (contrary to Benedict himself), that Benedict's resignation was invalid.

That is inexact, as Verecchio recently put forth that Bergoglio is not the Pope because he's a manifest heretic.

Quote:Where I cannot agree with Mr. Ferrara is in the implication that a heretic (like Jorge Bergoglio) can at one and the same time labor to impose error upon the Church as ‘authentic magisterium’ (let’s call it what it really is just like the aforementioned Filial Correction does – not just “error” but heresy) and can still be considered a member of the Church much less the pope.

Yes, but that's just an added argument to his already-predetermined conclusion.

He long ago asserted the Francis was not the Pope because Benedict was forced out unwillingly. This is just another argument, but it is not the reason, at least originally that he rejected Pope Francis.