FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Question about the seraphic rosary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
according to this website, one doesn’t have to meditate on the mysteries of the seraphic rosary. I like it better than the Dominican rosary for this reason. Is this a bad trait? Sometimes I just want to pray and not think. Is this piece of information on the seraphic rosary correct? Is it common to say the Dominican rosary this way?
It is my understanding that to gain the indulgences attached (if there are any after Paul VI) it is not necessary to meditate on the mysteries of the Seraphic Rosary or Franciscan Crown. It is, to gain the indulgences of the Dominican Rosary.

I'm sure that many people, at least on occasion, recite the Dominican Rosary without meditating. I find it very difficult to meditate, and I'm never sure if I am actually doing it, but Our Blessed Mother appreciates the prayers, whether I gain the indulgences or not.
(06-06-2018, 04:11 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]It is my understanding that to gain the indulgences attached (if there are any after Paul VI) it is not necessary to meditate on the mysteries of the Seraphic Rosary or Franciscan Crown. It is, to gain the indulgences of the Dominican Rosary.

I'm sure that many people, at least on occasion, recite the Dominican Rosary without meditating. I find it very difficult to meditate, and I'm never sure if I am actually doing it, but Our Blessed Mother appreciates the prayers, whether I gain the indulgences or not.

There are no indulgences for the crown after Paul VI, but I think I saw a YouTube video where a form of it was given indulgences again
I’ve never been taught to meditate on Mysteries of the Rosary nor that I would receive indulgences from praying and I’m a “cradle Catholic “ in my 50’s who went to Catholic schools.
I pray the Rosary to pray and worship God.
God sees into the heart. Pray your best and never give up.
[attachment=205 Wrote:randomtradguy pid='1375824' dateline='1528315517']according to this website, one doesn’t have to meditate on the mysteries of the seraphic rosary. I like it better than the Dominican rosary for this reason. Is this a bad trait? Sometimes I just want to pray and not think. Is this piece of information on the seraphic rosary correct? Is it common to say the Dominican rosary this way?
Pax!  Here is some information on the history of the Crown Rosary if you haven't already read it.  It is taken from an old Franciscan Layman's Companion - Way of Life (for Fraternities - Ritual & Constitutions - Third Order Franciscans)  God bless, angeltime Heart
[attachment=206 Wrote:randomtradguy pid='1375824' dateline='1528315517']according to this website, one doesn’t have to meditate on the mysteries of the seraphic rosary. I like it better than the Dominican rosary for this reason. Is this a bad trait? Sometimes I just want to pray and not think. Is this piece of information on the seraphic rosary correct? Is it common to say the Dominican rosary this way?
Pax!  Here is information on the history of the Crown Rosary taken from an old book - The Third Order Franciscan Layman's Companion Way of Life if you haven't already read it.  
God bless, angeltime Heart
(06-06-2018, 04:11 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]It is my understanding that to gain the indulgences attached (if there are any after Paul VI) it is not necessary to meditate on the mysteries of the Seraphic Rosary or Franciscan Crown. It is, to gain the indulgences of the Dominican Rosary.

Pax!  I did respond to randomtradguy with this info however thought to share it on the post also.  
Pius X stated that the 7-decade Crown Rosary when being prayed, if interrupted had to be completed the same day to receive the indulgence.  Partial indulgence if praying alone and plenary if praying in a group/family.  It also has to include 1 Our Father and 1 Hail Mary for the Pope's intention as well as 1 Hail Mary for her time living on earth, to receive the indulgence.

In the Book of Indulgences (Norms & Grants) from the Penitentiary Office in Rome, it states that praying the 5 decade Rosary, one must start and complete it at the same time (no breaks) to receive the indulgence.  Partial when praying alone and Plenary when praying in a group/family.  It also includes 1 Our Father and 1 Hail Mary for the Pope's intention to receive the indulgence.

In the Eastern Orthodox Churches, where they do not pray the Rosary, they receive the same indulgences for praying other prayers to the Blessed Mother.

God bless, angeltime Heart