FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Is the default destination of human beings Hell?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
And will we all go to Hell if we don't accept Jesus as our savior? (of those that know him and are not invincibly ignorant of the truth)

Thank you!
No, the default destination is heaven. 

From the Baltimore Catechism #1

6. Q. Why did God make you? 
A. God made me to know Him, to love Him, and to serve Him in this world, and to be happy with Him forever in heaven. 

God made us for heaven, so it's the default destination Whether or not we choose the default destination is up to us.
But we're all born with original sin, lacking God's grace, so the default destination, if we do nothing, is Hell.
True, but the Programmer set the default to Heaven. After that it's up to us.
From a purely natural perspective without Gods grace the default is limbo.
(06-15-2018, 12:28 AM)Dominicus Wrote: [ -> ]From a purely natural perspective without Gods grace the default is limbo.

Which is part of Hell.
(06-15-2018, 12:37 AM)Paul Wrote: [ -> ]Which is part of Hell.

Are you entirely sure of that?  Limbo is a place for people who do not justly deserve any punishment, right?  But if Limbo is part of hell, then it gets thrown in the lake of fire for all eternity.

Personally, perfect natural happiness sounds a lot better to me than supernatural happiness, whatever that's supposed to be.
(06-15-2018, 09:20 AM)Melkite Wrote: [ -> ]Are you entirely sure of that?  Limbo is a place for people who do not justly deserve any punishment, right?  But if Limbo is part of hell, then it gets thrown in the lake of fire for all eternity.

Personally, perfect natural happiness sounds a lot better to me than supernatural happiness, whatever that's supposed to be.

Limbus means 'edge', in this case, the edge of Hell, where those who die in original sin only go, punished only by the loss of the Beatific Vision (since they lack sanctifying grace) but not by any positive punishments, because the souls there are guilty of no personal sin. But it's still Hell, because without sanctifying grace, they cannot enter Heaven.
Hmm I don't think I would say that. 

Men are created for God, and God is solicitous for our salvation and desires that we be saved.
(06-15-2018, 10:08 AM)Florus Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm I don't think I would say that. 

Men are created for God, and God is solicitous for our salvation and desires that we be saved.

We're meant for Heaven, but we have to respond to God's grace to get there. If we do nothing, we won't be saved, so the default is Hell.

The default used to be Heaven until Adam messed it up for the rest of us.
Pages: 1 2 3 4