FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Which Missal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is the missal in the link the one I would need for the TLM if I attend only on Sundays? The fact that it says "Daily" makes me think it's for weekday masses. 

I'm new to and ignorant of pre-conciliar Tradition.

Thanks

https://www.baroniuspress.com/category.php?wid=59&cid=2
That would, indeed, be a Daily Missal, containing the propers for every day of the year.

A good Sunday Missal, if you can find it, is 'My Sunday Missal, explained by Fr Stedman'.
A daily missal has all the propers (gospel and epistle readings, introit, secret, etc.) for every day of the year and for feast days, and most in my experience have lots of useful resources like examination of conscience, litanies, and other prayers. It's an especially useful guide if you're new to the traditions. I personally use the Angelus Press Missal and quite like it, but I don't know anything about the Baronius Press one.
Here is a link to eBay with several copies of 'My Sunday Missal, explained by Fr Stedman'.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=My+Sunday+Missal%2C+explained+by+Fr+Stedman&_sacat=0

I agree with friendlyneighborhoodpapist that most Sunday Missals include lots of extras that are very helpful, but unless you have a Daily TLM, for the price of a Sunday Missal, you can buy a copy of Fr Stedman's Missal and something like My Prayer-Book, by Fr F.X. Lasance and have money left over. My Prayer-Book has everything that a Sunday Missal has, and much, much more.
Thank you both. I guess my only other question is, don't certain feast days fall on dates that are moving targets? And so would I need to buy a new missal next year? If not, then I'll probably bite the bullet on a more expensive one.
(07-05-2018, 09:05 PM)Some Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you both. I guess my only other question is, don't certain feast days fall on dates that are moving targets? And so would I need to buy a new missal next year? If not, then I'll probably bite the bullet on a more expensive one.

You're right about the moveable Feasts but I've never seen a Sunday Missal that didn't contain the Propers for the Major Feasts, so no, you wouldn't have to buy a new missal every year.