FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Difference between St. Andrew Daily Missal and Roman Missal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’m confused. What are the difference bet the St. Andrew Daily Missal 1945 and the Roman Missal of same year?
(07-17-2018, 06:39 AM)Julia Augusta Wrote: [ -> ]I’m confused. What are the difference bet the St. Andrew Daily Missal 1945 and the Roman Missal of same year?

They should be the same in terms of content, as far as I know. The only major liturgical change that occurred in 1945 was the introduction of the New Psalter, which only affected the Divine Office. Did you have anything more specific in mind?
(07-17-2018, 09:32 AM)aquinas138 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2018, 06:39 AM)Julia Augusta Wrote: [ -> ]I’m confused. What are the difference bet the St. Andrew Daily Missal 1945 and the Roman Missal of same year?

They should be the same in terms of content, as far as I know. The only major liturgical change that occurred in 1945 was the introduction of the New Psalter, which only affected the Divine Office. Did you have anything more specific in mind?

No I just wanted to know if there were major differences.
There might very well be major differences in the extra material they contain, devotions, explanations, etc., but there should be no difference whatsoever in the Mass.