FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Catholic vs Katholic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pax et Bonum!  Just heard the new terms for Modernist Catholics as "Catholic" and the new term for Traditional Orthodox as "Katholics" - I quite like it and see that it finally separates who we are and what we stand for by our obvious name and spelling of it!  Do you like it?  God bless, angeltime Heart Incense oops! just found out again that I have it backwards and it is the faithful Catholics vs unfaithful Katholics - however I see the "K" more representing Orthodox - perhaps it could be Katholix! haha!! Smile
Huh Katholic looks awfully German to me, and given the modernist, schismatic swamp the Church in Germany is, I think I'll stick with Catholic.

***ETA*** In fact when I saw the thread title I assumed it was the opposite, a distinction between orthodox Catholics and the modernist heretic Katholiks in Germany.
(07-24-2018, 02:21 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]Huh Katholic looks awfully German to me, and given the modernist, schismatic swamp the Church in Germany is, I think I'll stick with Catholic.

***ETA*** In fact when I saw the thread title I assumed it was the opposite, a distinction between orthodox Catholics and the modernist heretic Katholiks in Germany.
Peace.....good explanation - tks!  I guess I will have to return to "Catholic" however I think the modernists could stick with Katholic - so we can be clearly identified.....hm....Smile  angeltime Heart
I agree with this in principle, but the execution is all wrong.

Katholik just looks so bizarre to the English eye... if we are going to rename ourselves let's try to give ourselves a much more aesthetically pleasing name.

Chatholique is my preferred term.  It gives off that fragrance of francophone influence that just exudes eloquence.
(07-24-2018, 07:13 PM)Justin Alphonsus Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with this in principle, but the execution is all wrong.

Katholik just looks so bizarre to the English eye... if we are going to rename ourselves let's try to give ourselves a much more aesthetically pleasing name.

Chatholique is my preferred term.  It gives off that fragrance of francophone influence that just exudes eloquence.
Peace.....haha!!  yes, I like it very much and please let me know when this is the final decision and being implemented!!  haha!!  I'm happy you agree with this in principle..... God bless, angeltime Heart
I think Cafeteria Catholics actually represents the majority of Catholics today. Basically many are villains that nobody care enough to actually catch, so they let them keep shoplifting. It's not that bad - type of law enforcement.

If we had separate parishes just for those that do and don't use contraception or have sex outside marriage - can you imagine how full one parish would be and how empty the other?
(07-24-2018, 07:13 PM)Justin Alphonsus Wrote: [ -> ]Catholique is my preferred term.  It gives off that fragrance of francophone influence that just exudes eloquence.

I have the same problem. As much as I love France and the French people, the 'official' Church in France has been in effective schism for at least as long as Germany, if not longer. The only thing France has going for it is a vibrant SSPX. 

I prefer to just call ourselves Catholics and the rest heretics.
(07-24-2018, 10:33 PM)Markie Boy Wrote: [ -> ]I think Cafeteria Catholics actually represents the majority of Catholics today.  Basically many are villains that nobody care enough to actually catch, so they let them keep shoplifting.  It's not that bad - type of law enforcement.  

If we had separate parishes just for those that do and don't use contraception or have sex outside marriage - can you imagine how full one parish would be and how empty the other?

Peace.....and how pure one would be and not the other?  *Jesus said, "Where 2 or more are gathered in my name, I will be there with them." God bless, angeltime Heart
(07-24-2018, 10:33 PM)Markie Boy Wrote: [ -> ]I think Cafeteria Catholics actually represents the majority of Catholics today.  Basically many are villains that nobody care enough to actually catch, so they let them keep shoplifting.  It's not that bad - type of law enforcement.  

With all due respect Markie Boy one must be careful with this line of thinking. Focus on personal sanctity. God is in control of everything and whatever is, or isn't, going on in the Church today is being allowed by God. Our job is to get ourselves and family into heaven. Focus on personal sanctity.

Personal Sanctity … all that is left in a World without God
(07-24-2018, 02:15 PM)angeltime Wrote: [ -> ]Pax et Bonum!  Just heard the new terms for Modernist Catholics as "Catholic" and the new term for Traditional Orthodox as "Katholics" - I quite like it and see that it finally separates who we are and what we stand for by our obvious name and spelling of it!  Do you like it?  God bless, angeltime Heart Incense  oops!  just found out again that I have it backwards and it is the faithful Catholics vs unfaithful Katholics - however I see the "K" more representing Orthodox - perhaps it could be Katholix!  haha!! Smile

I would think that the names should be reversed.
Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes