FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Tobin closed his twitter account.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read that Tobin closed his twitter account because of backlash he recieved from one of his tweets. I was thinking maybe we should make our voices heard by an all out assault on every US bishops twitter account. I realize they could block us but we could make at least one day hell for them. I write my bishop 2 or 3 times a week and never hear a peep. I'm thinking about sending a registerd letter.
(07-24-2018, 09:53 PM)BobR67 Wrote: [ -> ]I read that Tobin closed his twitter account because of backlash he recieved from one of his tweets. I was thinking maybe we should make our voices heard by an all out assault on every US bishops twitter account. I realize they could block us but we could make at least one day hell for them. I write my bishop 2 or 3 times a week and never hear a peep. I'm thinking about sending a registerd letter.

Probably good that he close it. Considering some of his statements, he ought to pray more and talk less.
I've been tweeting at the USCCB. My most recent one: https://twitter.com/USCCB/status/1021862431474237440

What I link to in that second tweet down is one of the most sickening things I've ever read. These degenerate sonsofbitches need to go NOW. Tweet on the pages for @USCCB and @Pontifex, and don't let up.
(07-24-2018, 10:43 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: [ -> ]Probably good that he close it. Considering some of his statements, he ought to pray more and talk less.

He was considered the 'good Tobin', i.e. not Cardinal Tobin, the modernist heretic, until his extremely ill advised tweet praising the SOBs who knew about and protected 'Uncle Ted' McCarrick's perversions.
(07-24-2018, 11:54 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2018, 10:43 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: [ -> ]Probably good that he close it. Considering some of his statements, he ought to pray more and talk less.

He was considered the 'good Tobin', i.e. not Cardinal Tobin, the modernist heretic, until his extremely ill advised tweet praising the SOBs who knew about and protected 'Uncle Ted' McCarrick's perversions.

I think this is just scratching the surface.  The church is infected with this rot like McCarrick, and this mentality amongst the Bishops is proving to be part of an established culture that has marginalized  good men, silenced dissenters, manipulated the priests who fell to weakness, and rewarded the protégés. It’s like an old stoic house, the superficial upkeep hides the rot beneath the surface. With a house, one can tear it down and build it up again if the repair effort is beyond the means of the custodians. How do you fix what has been allowed to fester for decades?  I think JPII knew this, and the pope Emeritus resigned himself to this before he stepped down. The owner is going to tear the house down and build It up again.
I'm confused.  Which Tobin are we talking about here?  

Bishop Thomas J. Tobin, bishop of Providence?

Or Joseph Cardinal Tobin, archbishop of Newark?
(07-25-2018, 10:45 AM)Bonaventure Wrote: [ -> ]I'm confused.  Which Tobin are we talking about here?  

Bishop Thomas J. Tobin, bishop of Providence?

Or Joseph Cardinal Tobin, archbishop of Newark?

The Bishop of Providence, the “Good Tobin”.
I am quite familiar with Bishop Tobin of Providence and have met him many times. He is very good on Pro-Life matters, but seems a bit timid on confronting Fr. Shanley of Providence College (Fr. Shanley is a dishonor to the Dominicans).