FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: A "Hiding Place"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Peace.....sad to say, that somewhere along the way, the Church became a hiding place for many.  They could live their lifestyles more openly, while in hiding and had a world full of people steadily paying for their bills and lifestyles.  It would be interesting to know how many in the clergy today, even believe in our faithHuh?  

My mom had a friend priest, who told her that if he wanted to become a priest and get through the seminary, he had to turn his head on many occasions - just to get out at the other end and become ordained.  (He was ordained in the early '90's)

God bless, angeltime Heart
(07-26-2018, 05:55 PM)angeltime Wrote: [ -> ]Peace.....sad to say, that somewhere along the way, the Church became a hiding place for many.  They could live their lifestyles more openly, while in hiding and had a world full of people steadily paying for their bills and lifestyles.  It would be interesting to know how many in the clergy today, even believe in our faith???  

My mom had a friend priest, who told her that if he wanted to become a priest and get through the seminary, he had to turn his head on many occasions - just to get out at the other end and become ordained.  (He was ordained in the early '90's)

God bless, angeltime :heart:

Unfortunately, too many people have been turning their head.  Let me start by saying that I can only speak for what I have seen across Canada, but recent decades have shown there to be a cesspool of rot and filth amongst the clergy, either involving or known to the Episcopacy at the time; be it the extraordinary cases like the Laicised Bishop Raymond Lahey , the Mount Cashel Orphanage, the Redemtorists at St Alphonses Seminary, to go along with countless individual cases of priest abuse on young children that resulted in the infamous shuffling across the diocese.  The bishops always were so sorry, everything was going to change, and it never did.  Even at the height of the 2002 scandal in Boston... nothing changed, because some of the most vulnerable victims were still just as vulnerable, the seminarians. And in victimizing the seminarians, they not only destroy lives and drive good men from the church, but in the process of detroying young men, they propagate their errors by creating alcoholics and, in cases, molesters out of the men they abused.  But the reign of silence always resonates across the entire domain.  Refer to this story from the HuffPost from a few years ago which I had from a previous post, an all too similar story about silence and forgiveness. Just as you said Angeltime, how many priests in your local diocese are burdened with having been abused,  or have knowledge of impropriety, knowing they were trapped by the system.  Always the same, everybody knew in every story that comes up, but nobody wants to scandalize the church. Well, scandal is coming that won’t blow over...

My first cousin, a really handsome guy, was ordained in the mid 80’s, went to the seminary in Montreal.  I remember him coming home after his ordination, he and another local priest went to seminary at the same time. Simple, naive small town catholic boys; what I recall the most from that time is how much they both drank for young priests after their ordination and as young new priests.  Not many years later my cousin abruptly left the priesthood, and his friend, took a leave to be treated for alcoholism.  Nobody talks about the seminary... but there is a common thread of pressing their victims into silence for the good of the church.

I don’t stress a lot anymore about anything in the church beyond my control, be it the influence of the St Gallen Mafia, the suppression of Fátima, the irregular status of the SSPX, liberal bishops, Popes who don’t exercise Papal authority, etc; I live in my own cynical sphere, and work out my salvation in fear and trembling, but I do pray for the priests.  The good priests, and the struggling priests, both young and old. The episcopacy who are responsible for the rot, as well as those enabling perpetrators by silence, will all be held to account in their own time. The devil has proven to be a brilliant tactician, as he knows what greatly offends our lord by leading many consecrated souls away from god in a short period (as per Sister Lucia), but as I said in the Bishop Tobin thread, the dreadful day is coming when the owner of the house is going to tear down what is rotten.
I heard someone's thoughts on this - "The millstone factory must be working overtime."