FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Found a Prayer to St Peter!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Peace....found this good prayer to St Peter - we need to get started on this I think - don't you?  God bless, angeltime :heart: Prayer to St Peter, Apostle and Rock
Litany of Saint Peter, Prince of the Apostles

For Private Use Only.

Lord, have mercy.
Christ, have mercy.
Lord, have mercy. Christ, hear us.
Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven,
Have mercy on us.
God the Son, Redeemer of the world,
Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost,
Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, One God,
Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us.
Queen conceived without Original Sin, pray for us.
Queen of Apostles, pray for us.
Saint Peter, pray for us.
Prince of the Apostles, pray for us. pray for us.
St. Peter, to whom were given the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven, pray for us.
St. Peter, so ardent for the glory of Christ, pray for us.
St. Peter, whose heart was pierced with one look from Jesus, pray for us.
St. Peter, who ceased not to grieve for having denied the Son of God, pray for us.
St. Peter, whose cheeks were furrowed by a stream of tears which flowed to the end of thy life, pray for us.
St. Peter; who cried out, “Lord, Thou knowest that I love Thee.” pray for us.
St. Peter, bound in chains for Christ, pray for us.
St. Peter, delivered from prison by an Angel, pray for us.
St. Peter, who rejoiced to suffer for Christ, pray for us.
St. Peter, whose very shadow healed the sick, pray for us.
St. Peter, whose voice even the dead obeyed, pray for us.
St. Peter, that we may have a constant and mutual charity among ourselves pray for us.
That we may taste and see more and more how sweet is the Lord, pray for us.
That we may be zealous in loyalty to thy successor,the present Vicar of Christ, pray for us.
That we may help, at least by prayer, to restore to the unity of thy Holy See the scattered sheep,pray for us.
That we may be prudent and watchful in prayer, pray for us.
That we may die the death of the just, pray for us.

V. Let the mercies of the Lord give glory to him,
R. And His wonderful works to the children of men.
V. Pray for us, Saint Peter the Rock, R. That we may be worthy of the Vicar of Christ.

Let Us Pray. O Lord Jesus Christ, Who upon blessed Peter, Thine Apostle, didst bestow the pontifical power of binding and loosing, and didst give to him the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven, grant that his intercession may ensure our deliverance from the bondage of sin, Thou Who livest and reignest with the Father and the Holy Ghost, ever one God, world without end. R. Amen.
(08-15-2018, 06:04 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]Litany of Saint Peter, Prince of the Apostles

For Private Use Only.

Lord, have mercy.
Christ, have mercy.
Lord, have mercy. Christ, hear us.
Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven,
Have mercy on us.
God the Son, Redeemer of the world,
Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost,
Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, One God,
Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us.
Queen conceived without Original Sin, pray for us.
Queen of Apostles, pray for us.
Saint Peter, pray for us.
Prince of the Apostles, pray for us. pray for us.
St. Peter, to whom were given the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven, pray for us.
St. Peter, so ardent for the glory of Christ, pray for us.
St. Peter, whose heart was pierced with one look from Jesus, pray for us.
St. Peter, who ceased not to grieve for having denied the Son of God, pray for us.
St. Peter, whose cheeks were furrowed by a stream of tears which flowed to the end of thy life, pray for us.
St. Peter; who cried out, “Lord, Thou knowest that I love Thee.” pray for us.
St. Peter, bound in chains for Christ, pray for us.
St. Peter, delivered from prison by an Angel, pray for us.
St. Peter, who rejoiced to suffer for Christ, pray for us.
St. Peter, whose very shadow healed the sick, pray for us.
St. Peter, whose voice even the dead obeyed, pray for us.
St. Peter, that we may have a constant and mutual charity among ourselves pray for us.
That we may taste and see more and more how sweet is the Lord, pray for us.
That we may be zealous in loyalty to thy successor,the present Vicar of Christ, pray for us.
That we may help, at least by prayer, to restore to the unity of thy Holy See the scattered sheep,pray for us.
That we may be prudent and watchful in prayer, pray for us.
That we may die the death of the just, pray for us.

V. Let the mercies of the Lord give glory to him,
R. And His wonderful works to the children of men.
V. Pray for us, Saint Peter the Rock, R. That we may be worthy of the Vicar of Christ.

Let Us Pray. O Lord Jesus Christ, Who upon blessed Peter, Thine Apostle, didst bestow the pontifical power of binding and loosing, and didst give to him the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven, grant that his intercession may ensure our deliverance from the bondage of sin, Thou Who livest and reignest with the Father and the Holy Ghost, ever one God, world without end. R. Amen.
Peace.....tks!  Just as we are praying to the Blessed Mother who will Crush the Head of Satan, and Jesus who said the Gates of Hell will not prevail, we need to include St Peter Guardian of the Gate and Flock, but also because the seat at the Vatican is his - The Chair of Peter!  God bless, angeltime :heart:
Peace.....the more I read and listen to about all that has happened in this Church and going on the past few days, I see how much of a comfort zone "they" built for themselves.  The Fatima message tells us about the errors and evils schemes and here we are!  I am still astounded at Wuerl saying the laity can be part of the discussions about reform etc., when we know darn well, that means with so many limitations and farces, there would be no real participation by the laity.  So many people have been damaged, lost vocations, including those parents and grandparents who have prayed for their children to have the faith and attend Mass while all the while we have had to try to explain what is going on!  Most young people have left the Church or rejected the faith because they don't like what is going on, but also they don't want to waste their time on it figuring out who is who.  It is absolutely disgusting that this got in and was never exposed early.  It has to be the enemy - nothing else.  I too am very close to packing my spiritual bags and leaving - ha!  Tks for the Litany; I prayed it this evening!  God bless, angeltime :heart:
I'll tell you what, angeltime, love covers a mulitude of sins. A little story ~ my dad, in Belgium, towards the end of the war, while picking up the wounded, picked up a wounded German general (against orders not to pick up wounded Germans). 

My dad, a sweet Christian guy, must of treated the man well, because when he got him back to the field hospital, he said -if all Americans are as nice as this man, I wish to help. 

Now I know it sounds fishy, just another war story, except dad never spoke a word about it until his late eighties. He said it shortened the war. 

He liked to say - moulding covers a multitude of sins. Funny dad.
(08-15-2018, 09:54 PM)Blind Horus Wrote: [ -> ]I'll tell you what, angeltime, love covers a mulitude of sins. A little story ~ my dad, in Belgium, towards the end of the war, while picking up the wounded, picked up a wounded German general (against orders not to pick up wounded Germans). 

My dad, a sweet Christian guy, must of treated the man well, because when he got him back to the field hospital, he said -if all Americans are as nice as this man, I wish to help. 

Now I know it sounds fishy, just another war story, except dad never spoke a word about it until his late eighties. He said it shortened the war. 

Peace.....oh yes, true about the love covering a multitude....nice story to keep in mind - tks!  now I feel better - well, a little!  Blessings to you and yours on the Feast of the Assumption....angeltime :heart:
(08-15-2018, 09:59 PM)angeltime Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2018, 09:54 PM)Blind Horus Wrote: [ -> ]I'll tell you what, angeltime, love covers a mulitude of sins. A little story ~ my dad, in Belgium, towards the end of the war, while picking up the wounded, picked up a wounded German general (against orders not to pick up wounded Germans). 

Peace.....oh yes, true about the love covering a multitude....nice story to keep in mind - tks!  now I feel better - well, a little!  Blessings to you and yours on the Feast of the Assumption....angeltime :heart:
Its interesting to note also exactly how dad felt about the Germans. 

1) he was a orphan raised in a well-to-do German immigrant's, (Jewish\Christian convert), family.

2)he also said he felt the people in Germany didn't know what was going on inside 'The Camps'.

3) at one point his duty was to guard German prisoners, who he said were men just like they were who wanted the war to end so they could go home, except, the SS, who he said you couldn't trust and had to be very careful around.

I'll add: being nice sweet guy doesn't mean naive
Hey angeltime I love saint Peter too. One of my pet peeves is people who disrespect Peter. It's true, Peter got a little cocky and the Lord set him straight , so!? For some reason this seems to give every little  cockwomble that comes down the pike license to run their mouths. Pathetic.
(08-18-2018, 01:02 AM)Blind Horus Wrote: [ -> ]Hey angeltime I love saint Peter too. One of my pet peeves is people who disrespect Peter. It's true, Peter got a little cocky and the Lord set him straight , so!? For some reason this seems to give every little  cockwomble that comes down the pike license to run their mouths. Pathetic.
Peace.....I think it was to teach us that Peter was just like anyone else - perhaps even us at times - and the Lord did not hold that against him, but forgave, and then chose him - the Lord chooses his own or as I like to say, the Lord picks His own flowers!  God bless, angeltime :heart:
Nice angeltime
Pages: 1 2