FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: BREAKING :All NY Dioceses Subpoenaed By State's Attorney General
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
And Nebraska https://www.ncronline.org/news/accountab...se-records

If this get's big enough we might end up saying "Adios Jorge".
This is very good news.  I would have preferred that the Holy Father clean house, but that doesn't seem like it was ever going to happen.
My feelings are about as mixed as you can get. We've got to get rid of these perverts in the highest places within the Church. There's no way around it. At the same time the fall out is going to be horrific.
Sigh. I don't know, I mean I really want the church cleansed of homosexual perverts, but I really don't trust the secular state to handle such a thing. But at the same time, I feel like I can't trust the Vatican to do it! The thought of the secular state having any power over Christ's Church makes me unhappy, I just wish I could feel like the Church was in more competent hands. I dunno, I echo Eric F's feelings above, about as mixed as it comes.
The Church hierarchy really doesn't want to deal with this, so the secular is going to have to do it for them, and yes, it will be ugly.
I would have preferred to do this the right way, but we will just have to go with Plan B and let the chips fall where they may - the victims deserve protection and the people in the pews deserve peace of mind.
The old saying, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink" applies to the hierarchy here.
Or, "stupid is as stupid does".
Once again, the "prayer and silence" routine from the Vatican can last only so long. Diversions about immigration and ocean pollution won't last forever. As more clergy are implicated in these investigations, more and more of them will be pointing to the higher-ups who knew about things all along.

Pennsylvania and McCarrick were the tip of the iceberg in this recent scandal. God only knows what will be uncovered in NY and NJ, not to mention when other large Catholic states like Illinois, California, Texas and Louisiana begin their own investigations.
                                               Yesterday evening, I was talking with a friend of mine, who's a weddings, funerals, and baptisms Catholic, and we talked about the recent scandal.  After a few minutes discussion he came right out and said "Do you know what this is really all about ?", and then he said "It's about destroying the moral authority of the Catholic Church in America, once and for all". Kinda hard to disagree with that when you check the backgrounds of the people leading the investigations. We are now in the ultimate, between a rock and a hard place. Enemies of Catholic teaching will lead the investigation, because the acting Pope wouldn't go against his pervert buddies if we begged him.
I see where some could have mixed feelings but someone has to clean house and Frank certainly wont
Pages: 1 2 3