FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Vatican to Respond to Vigano's Claims
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Catholic Herald:

The ‘C9’ council of cardinals also expressed their full confidence in Pope Francis

Members of Pope Francis’s international Council of Cardinals expressed “full solidarity” with him in the midst of questions about his handling of the clerical sexual abuse scandal and said the Vatican is planning a response to allegations made against him by a former nuncio.

Only six of the nine cardinals who are members of the council participated in the meeting Sept. 10.

The six “expressed full solidarity with Pope Francis in the face of what has happened in the last few weeks, aware that in the current debate the Holy See is formulating possible and necessary clarifications,” according to a statement released after the first day of what was expected to be a three-day meeting.

The September session of the council was the first since news broke in late June about an investigation finding credible sexual abuse allegations against then-Cardinal Theodore E. McCarrick, since the release in mid-August of the Pennsylvania grand jury report on how six dioceses handled abuse allegations and since the publication in late August of a document by Archbishop Carlo Maria Vigano, former nuncio to the United States, alleging that Pope Francis knew of Cardinal McCarrick’s sexual misconduct yet allowed him to continue in active ministry.

Pope Francis formed the Council of Cardinals, often referred to as the C9, shortly after his election in 2013 to advise him on the reform of the Roman Curia and on church governance generally.

The statement Sept. 10 said that council members asked Pope Francis for a reflection on “the work, structure and composition of the council itself, also taking into account the advanced age of some of its members.”

The six present for the September meeting were: Cardinals Pietro Parolin, Vatican secretary of state; Oscar Rodriguez Maradiaga of Tegucigalpa, Honduras; Sean P. O’Malley of Boston; Oswald Gracias of Mumbai, India; Reinhard Marx of Munich and Freising, Germany; and Giuseppe Bertello, president of the commission governing Vatican City State.

The three who were absent were: 85-year-old Cardinal Francisco Javier Errazuriz Ossa, retired archbishop of Santiago, Chile, who is facing questioning over his handling of abuse allegations; Cardinal Laurent Monsengwo Pasinya of Kinshasa, Congo, who turns 79 in early October; and 77-year-old Australian Cardinal George Pell, who currently is on trial in Australia on sex abuse charges.

Quote:Well, this should be interesting.
My response to the news.

According to Reuters, Francis's 'Council of Cardinals', the group of nine corrupt, anti-Catholic heretics, and enablers of perversion, that serve as his closest advisors, have announced that there will be a response to Archbishop Vigano's accusations.

This ought to be funny as hell! What can they say that won't shout, 'FRANCIS IS GUILTY!'? The man, and the corrupt bastards in the C9, are so deep in fecal matter that no one will believe anything except a complete, transparent revelation of all relevant documents and other evidence.

Somehow, I seriously doubt that they will be doing that. It would mean the utter collapse of the evil, perverted, anti-Catholic structure they have so carefully built!
People were wondering what Cardinal O'Malley's response to the situation was ... though I think most of us knew, now I think we can say it's pretty clear.
(09-10-2018, 06:04 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]My response to the news.

According to Reuters, Francis's 'Council of Cardinals', the group of nine corrupt, anti-Catholic heretics, and enablers of perversion, that serve as his closest advisors, have announced that there will be a response to Archbishop Vigano's accusations.

This ought to be funny as hell! What can they say that won't shout, 'FRANCIS IS GUILTY!'? The man, and the corrupt bastards in the C9, are so deep in fecal matter that no one will believe anything except a complete, transparent revelation of all relevant documents and other evidence.

Somehow, I seriously doubt that they will be doing that. It would mean the utter collapse of the evil, perverted, anti-Catholic structure they have so carefully built!

It will be interesting to see how the Romish liars will spin this
Is there any hope they'll do anything? If not are we left with all the corruption just in place?

If that's the case, the criminals will have learned there is no enforcement. If so - that leaves pressure from the laity as the only source for correction.
(09-10-2018, 08:11 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]People were wondering what Cardinal O'Malley's response to the situation was ... though I think most of us knew, now I think we can say it's pretty clear.

Cardinal O'Malley, so here's how he handles things in the Boston Archdiocese... Don't expect much, some quotes from the following blog post

Cardinal O'Malley's Dead Letter Branch is Back in the News 

"Fr. Bill Scanlan used to call the phenomenon "O'Malley Dead Letter Branch".  Here is some commentary from Fr Scanlan’s files:

Quote: Another letter is added to the O'Malley Dead Letter Branch. 
Quote:The questions certainly are surfacing... 
Quote:Does he receive his mail? 
Quote:Does he read his mail? 
Quote:Is his mail being misdirected? 
Quote:Is this an intentional snubbing? 
Quote:Could this result from legal advice to avoid contact? 
Quote:Whatever is at the heart of his unresponsiveness it is certainly not the character of a real pastor/shepherd.

A few excerpts from Fr. Scanlan's letters to Cardinal O'Malley:

Quote:  "This is now my sixth (6th) letter to you since you assumed the 'cathedra' of Boston. The previous five have not received so much as a 'responsive' grunt. I therefore remain doubtful that you even received them." 
Quote: 
"Hello Bob, I suppose this is as tiresome for you as it is for me...this will be my ninth letter to my bishop, the third of the last two weeks. It was you who recognized these last three letters! I do appreciate that courtesy and I believe it to be quite sincere. Thank you."  
Quote: "Nine letters have gone unrecognized by my Bishop. I can no longer see this as unintentional. I now recognize his silence as an intentional message "I can not be bothered with your concerns, and you, William Scanlan are 'persona non grata"  
Quote: "Bob, I appreciate the awkwardness of your position. I do not hold you in any way responsible for this tragic reality..." 

Excerpts from Fr. Scanlan's letter written to Cardinal O'Malley following a meeting which occurred after years of sending letters:

Quote:"When you review that document, you will understand why I was mystified by your statement (more than once), "I did not know". You were informed in my numerous letters of the situations you didn't know. 
Quote:In deference to you, I have to therefore assume that communications intended for you are being misdirected. This would indicate a very serious situation within the Curia adjunct staff and ultimately with your own mission to shepherd the Diocese."

Fr. Scanlan was one of many who made dozens of attempts to get Cardinal O'Malley to communicate and exercise his authority.  In the absence of communication and action, he sought the assistance of auxiliary bishops, canonical yahoos, Nuncio Montalvo, the Romans.