FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Bill Donohoe's Letter To All 50 Attorney Generals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He makes some very good points. Let's not stop the investigations of sex abuse in Catholic Dioceses, but let's go after the sacred cow of public education as well. https://www.catholicleague.org/wp-conten...ygens2.pdf
(09-12-2018, 10:56 AM)Eric F Wrote: [ -> ]He makes some very good points. Let's not stop the investigations of sex abuse in Catholic Dioceses, but let's go after the sacred cow of public education as well. https://www.catholicleague.org/wp-conten...ygens2.pdf

Yes, if only their goal was justice for all.
He could add Hollywood and DC to that list.
It's a diversion tactic, but at the same time I agree with the letter.
Why is Bill Donohue so important?  What has he done?  To me, he seems little more than someone who’s paid half a million a year to talk to reporters and suck up to Cd. Dolan.
I haven't read the letter, but Donohue's reputation as a shameless shill for the USCCB precedes him. I'm guessing it's an attempt to deflect attention from the homosexual abuse and Lavender Mafia in the Church.
(09-12-2018, 08:09 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't read the letter, but Donohue's reputation as a shameless shill for the USCCB precedes him. I'm guessing it's an attempt to deflect attention from the homosexual abuse and Lavender Mafia in the Church.

He makes some good points that the Church is being unfairly targeted. That aspect is fine, and since the letter is concerning the whole Pennsylvania deal and the move of the state Attorneys-General to investigate, it makes sense.

Whether intended or not, and given the lack of Donohue's contribution with regard to the Viganò issues, the timing does seem to read like a somewhat-conservative Catholic's way of deflecting.
(09-12-2018, 08:24 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2018, 08:09 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't read the letter, but Donohue's reputation as a shameless shill for the USCCB precedes him. I'm guessing it's an attempt to deflect attention from the homosexual abuse and Lavender Mafia in the Church.

He makes some good points that the Church is being unfairly targeted. That aspect is fine, and since the letter is concerning the whole Pennsylvania deal and the move of the state Attorneys-General to investigate, it makes sense.

Whether intended or not, and given the lack of Donohue's contribution with regard to the Viganò issues, the timing does seem to read like a somewhat-conservative Catholic's way of deflecting.

He doesn’t need to be paid half a million dollars a year for that. Lots of people do that all the time for free.
(09-12-2018, 08:24 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: [ -> ]He makes some good points that the Church is being unfairly targeted. That aspect is fine, and since the letter is concerning the whole Pennsylvania deal and the move of the state Attorneys-General to investigate, it makes sense.

That was my take on it as well, although in his defense he's never shied away from calling it a mostly homosexual predator issue.

(09-13-2018, 01:35 AM)Credidi Propter Wrote: [ -> ]He doesn’t need to be paid half a million dollars a year for that. Lots of people do that all the time for free.

$1/2 million? I'll his job for $250K, a 50% savings, lol! Big Grin