FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Did I commit a sin during Confession?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK so I went to Confession this evening for a few things.  Anyway the priest was a bit late getting into the confessional, and I was just standing and waiting to go in.  From across the Cburch he told me he’d be there in a minute.  Anyway, i saw that it was a super, super liberal priest, who’s told me on a couple occasions that certain sins aren’t really sins. 
Anyway, after I confessed the main things I went for, I started talking about my pride and anger towards the current state of the Church, and I know part of me probably said all that as a sort of transference of anger towards the priest himself.  He cut me off and told me not to get into all that, and to focus on my own sins.  I then confessed my hypocrisy and anger, etc.

Was my behaviour sinful?
(09-12-2018, 05:59 PM)FultonFan Wrote: [ -> ]OK so I went to Confession this evening for a few things.  Anyway the priest was a bit late getting into the confessional, and I was just standing and waiting to go in.  From across the Cburch he told me he’d be there in a minute.  Anyway, i saw that it was a super, super liberal priest, who’s told me on a couple occasions that certain sins aren’t really sins. 
Anyway, after I confessed the main things I went for, I started talking about my pride and anger towards the current state of the Church, and I know part of me probably said all that as a sort of transference of anger towards the priest himself.  He cut me off and told me not to get into all that, and to focus on my own sins.  I then confessed my hypocrisy and anger, etc.

Was my behaviour sinful?

Probably not, certainly no seriously so.
(09-12-2018, 05:59 PM)FultonFan Wrote: [ -> ]OK so I went to Confession this evening for a few things.  Anyway the priest was a bit late getting into the confessional, and I was just standing and waiting to go in.  From across the Cburch he told me he’d be there in a minute.  Anyway, i saw that it was a super, super liberal priest, who’s told me on a couple occasions that certain sins aren’t really sins. 

Was my behaviour sinful?

I don't believe your behavior was sinful. It is very easy for us to go on tangents about other people's behavior when we go to confession. We need to focus on our own behavior when we go to confession and listen to the priest.
Thank you both!