FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Rich Catholics to Investigate Cardinals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(10-03-2018, 09:17 AM)Paul Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2018, 07:04 AM)Markie Boy Wrote: [ -> ]That's a bit of a scary thought.  Did the pope have Unlimited Jurisdiction and Unlimited Power in the year 250 or year 325?

Yes. "And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose upon earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven."

I'm not so sure.  It seems Paul had the ability to confront Peter to his face when he was doing wrong.  That does not seem like unlimited Power.

Does nobody have this ability anymore?
(10-03-2018, 10:00 PM)Markie Boy Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not so sure.  It seems Paul had the ability to confront Peter to his face when he was doing wrong.  That does not seem like unlimited Power.

Does nobody have this ability anymore?

Plenty of people have confronted Pope Francis. Most of them don't work in the Vatican anymore.

But there's also the two different roles of the Pope, the spiritual and the temporal. As head of the Church, his power isn't unlimited, because he can't bind the Church to heresy. God promised He won't let that happen. But the Pope, like the rest of us, can sin, and can abuse his authority just like plenty of rulers have over the centuries. As head of state of Vatican City, the only way for him to be removed from office is for some other country to go to war against the Vatican and either force him to step down or kill him. The Pope is just as much a head of state as Trump or Putin or the Queen, except that he's an absolute monarch. If he abuses that authority, he'll have to answer to God eventually.
Pages: 1 2