FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Devotional Life
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Church is a mess right now. This isn't news to anyone, hopefully. It's also probably not going to make any headlines that we as individual Catholics can't really do much about it. So in the midst of our troubles, I think it would be nice to have a thread to unwind and discuss various devotions and ways of praying. We've got to stay focused on the fight despite our situation.
Two things I've found to be fruitful recently are the Jesus Prayer and the Little Crown of the Blessed Virgin. I usually say the Jesus Prayer on my rosary and add an Eternal Rest prayer at the Pater bead, but it's also a great prayer to say any time you need to petition or chase away nasty thoughts. The "default" Jesus Prayer is "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner." Of course you can add words to your liking, while keeping the same prayer in mind.
The Little Crown is something I discovered in the back pages of my copy of True Devotion to Mary and it's brevity and beautiful praises of Our Lady make it one of my favorite prayers. I'm linking it below so everyone can see.
I hope we can all share something with each other and maybe learn something new. Pax

https://www.fisheaters.com/littlecrown.html
I'm listening to homilies on Sensus Fidelium 
on youtube while I do the dishes, or fold laundry. Puts the fear of God into me oft times.
Been adding two more decades to my daily Rosary: one for the Holy Souls in Purgatory and one for The Church. I have a seven-decade Franciscan Crown Rosary and use it for this.
(10-21-2018, 04:29 PM)Margaret-Mary Wrote: [ -> ]Been adding two more decades to my daily Rosary: one for the Holy Souls in Purgatory and one for The Church. I have a seven-decade Franciscan Crown Rosary and use it for this.

What mysteries do you use?
(10-22-2018, 02:18 AM)Dominicus Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2018, 04:29 PM)Margaret-Mary Wrote: [ -> ]Been adding two more decades to my daily Rosary: one for the Holy Souls in Purgatory and one for The Church. I have a seven-decade Franciscan Crown Rosary and use it for this.

What mysteries do you use?

For the above, I pray the mysteries for the day, or if I have time, all three (Joyful, Sorrowful, Glorious). (I don't include the "Luminous" mysteries.) Then for the last two decades of each, I pray the first one for the Holy Souls, and the second one for the Church. 

The Franciscan Crown is the Seven Joys of Mary, and I use these beads for praying the Seven Sorrows of Mary, as well, when I do, but I don't do these on a regular basis.
(10-20-2018, 06:46 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: [ -> ]I'm listening to homilies on Sensus Fidelium 
on youtube while I do the dishes, or fold laundry. Puts the fear of God into me oft times.
Yes I love listening to this too!
I have several attempts at thirty days of The Angelus, and Litany to St. Joseph, plus prayers in my missal.