FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: For Pilgrim and his family
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK folks.  So, I haven't been posting much lately.  Life has been crazy . . .  as usual.  Or well, rather not as usual.

Back a year ago, I posted a prayer request because Pilgrim's parents were being difficult.  You see, after every visit to their home, our kids were positively unhinged.  In response, we decided that the children would not visit his parents without us.  A year has passed and they are increasingly discontent with our decision - discontent enough to threaten to move away and say some other very hurtful things.  

So . . .  without going into grizzly details, would you please pray for Pilgrim, his parents, my children, and all of us involved in this hot mess.  We would love to find a way to coexist but the way things are going, that seems doubtful.
Whenever an adult must address struggles with their parents, it is very difficult for all involved.  Your husband has left his father and his mother to be joined with you, his wife.  That sounds beautiful, but reality is that sometimes, that transition doesn't go smoothly.  With prayer and sacrifice, you can push through the difficult moments, being mindful that the situation will ultimately be better for it.  Don't be afraid of the cross.  Entrust this matter to St. Joseph, pillar of families, and draw strength from the Eucharist.  All Saints' Day is just a few days away from now.  Consider the saints who endured family strife, and ask their intercession.  They won't disappoint.  A miraculous medal wouldn't hurt either.
It is very difficult to feel pulled between the people you love, between your obligations.
Will be praying for you.
In Thy name, Lord Jesus Christ, we pray that Thou cover Fontevrault, his family, and all of his possessions with Thy love and Thy Most Precious Blood and surround them with Thy Heavenly Angels, Saints and the mantle of Our Blessed Mother. Amen.
New update and prayer request bump:
Well, it's getting worse.  Now his parents have attacked Pilgrim's faith and accused him of converting - 19 years ago - just to fit in with my Dutch Reformed very Protestant grandmother.  Yes, it makes no sense at all.  We are confused too, see no way forward except in cutting them from our lives and just wish for the attacks to stop.  All we want to do is raise our children the best way we know how.  That's it.  We just want to get along and they won't let us.  Pilgrim, my poor beleaguered husband, is completely at a loss as to how to deal with his parents.   He is hurting.  Please pray.  I don't know that anything else will help.
Thank you!
Fontevrault
In my intentions! :pray: Pater :pray: Ave :pray: Gloria
Fontevrault,
I'm adding Pilgrim, yourself, your kids, and his parents to my Rosary intentions, from now on.

:pray: :pray:
Thank you so much!  After consultation with a priest, much prayer, and a whole lot of grief, we've decided to step back and decline to spend time with people who are combative about everything.  We are hurting but need to move forward.  I'm fasting and praying for my in-laws in the hopes that God will open their hearts.  Of course, they have to want to open up to His mercy . . .
I'm updating this post and asking for more prayers.  

We passed Thanksgiving and Christmas without my in-laws.  We have had zero contact from them.  I find this all incredibly painful.  I don't know how to help or what to do to remedy the situation.  My heart is hurting.  My in-laws are not my favorite people, but they are family.  My husband is silent on the matter, perfectly at ease without his parents' interference, and seems content.  Why is it that this pains me so very much?

Please pray for us - and me in particular.  I am very confused and hurting.
AVE MARIA, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.
AVE MARIA, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.

:pray2: :pray2: :pray2:
Pages: 1 2