FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Prayers would be appreciated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For physical well being:
I have had two seizure episodes in the past month and on a few occasions my heart beat as been read in the low 30s.  I still have no idea what is behind it, and the doctors are requiring me to be very limited in physical activity(walking is apparently the most physical exertion I'm allowed to spend at the moment).  My last job has ended(seasonal) and most of the jobs I can realistically apply to require me to spend a fair amount of physical exertion.   My situation is not dire.  I have a fair amount of money saved and my family is happy to have me live with them(Thank God, it is a blessing I don't deserve).

For spiritual well being:
In the past two years I have become lukewarm. I also wasn't praying much outside of Mass, thinking just to pray when temptation arose(don't do this, it is an awful idea).  I also had too much desire to live as others do, daydreaming of a Catholic world where I wouldn't feel so alone, hoping that my life was just a dream.  This led me not to accept the Will of God, praying more for the things of this world, rather than accepting God's Will, making reparations for my sins, and praying for the things that would make me more pleasing to God.  These things being sewn, and having repeatedly fell into mortal sin, lost hope and for half a year paid no mind to the matters of my sanctification(virtual apostasy).
I have left these things behind me(though I am really good at lying to myself), but I have fear that I will slowly, without detection, fall right back in, which I think will ultimately lead to apostasy. 

If anyone is looking for additional prayer intentions, basically to pray for my(and every person having trouble living the faith) eternal salvation and for me to trust in God.
:pray:

I'm sorry to hear of how things are going. I'm adding you to my Rosary intentions. May I make a suggestion, with regard to prayer? Last year, I found a wonderful Kindle Book of Hours that I've been using. Found here: https://smile.amazon.com/Book-Hours-Treasury-Catholic-Devotions-ebook/dp/B075Z5W58K/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1542386610&sr=8-9&keywords=patrimonium+publishing. I'm not associated with the publishers, just really like their work. It's six dollars, and useful for the Little Office, and have some great devotional prayer. My thought was that you might find inspiration for prayers there. Just an idea. Either way, I'll pray for both of your intentions.
(11-16-2018, 12:49 PM)dahveed Wrote: [ -> ]:pray:

I'm sorry to hear of how things are going. I'm adding you to my Rosary intentions. May I make a suggestion, with regard to prayer? Last year, I found a wonderful Kindle Book of Hours that I've been using. Found here: https://smile.amazon.com/Book-Hours-Treasury-Catholic-Devotions-ebook/dp/B075Z5W58K/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1542386610&sr=8-9&keywords=patrimonium+publishing. I'm not associated with the publishers, just really like their work. It's six dollars, and useful for the Little Office, and have some great devotional prayer. My thought was that you might find inspiration for prayers there. Just an idea. Either way, I'll pray for both of your intentions.

Thank you dahveed.   I should do this.  My lightheadedness has made it more difficult to pay as much attention to the rosary as I use to.  Reading the Little Office is probably the best idea for my situation right now.  Having writing has always made prayer easier for me.
Prayers for you ❤️
(11-16-2018, 04:39 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: [ -> ]Prayers for you ❤️

Thank you
(11-16-2018, 04:58 PM)MacPasquale Wrote: [ -> ]

Thank you

:pray: :pray: May God help you soon through your trials.
(11-17-2018, 10:29 PM)Ambrosiano Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2018, 04:58 PM)MacPasquale Wrote: [ -> ]

Thank you

:pray: :pray: May God help you soon through your trials.

Thank you
Try to pray thr rosary every day and contemplate on it.

I have always found it a great reliever of stress and tension and gets your mind back on track towards thinking about  the ‘Good News’ rather than the ‘wordly’.

Read about the saints lives and the struggles they had. I am sure after a short while hopefully you will put all this behind you.

I will add you to my daily rosary.
(11-18-2018, 06:12 PM)MyLady Wrote: [ -> ]Try to pray thr rosary every day and contemplate on it.

I have always found it a great reliever of stress and tension and gets your mind back on track towards thinking about  the ‘Good News’ rather than the ‘wordly’.

Read about the saints lives and the struggles they had. I am sure after a short while hopefully you will put all this behind you.

I will add you to my daily rosary.

Thank you.  I have not given up on the rosary,  it was what got me out of the mess I was in.  My attention lately just makes me think I'm not doing it well enough and have to do more in addition(to keep my mind away from evil and on good), particularly right now that I can't partake of too much physical activity.  I will keep you and all those who have prayed for me in my rosary intentions as well.
:pray2:
Pages: 1 2