FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Pope Who Would Destroy the Church
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
At this point in the ever-worsening Bergoglian Debacle, Pope Bergoglio would appear to have no remaining staunch defenders in the neo-Catholic establishment, save a couple of unhinged, vituperative outliers with a penchant for obscene ranting, both of whom finally had to be shown the door by EWTN’s National Catholic Register.   This is a papacy only a nutter can continue to defend as soundly orthodox.
The sense of the now almost unanimous non-traditionalist constituency opposing the madness of this Pope is ably summed up by  Dr. Douglas Farrow, a theology professor at McGill University, writing for Catholic World Report concerning what he calls “the troubling Bergoglio pontificate”:
Quote:The critics are right that the revolution is wrong. This is not reform; it is not even conversion. It is conquest. If it is not stopped, the gates of Hades will prevail against the Church, which will die out everywhere just as it is dying out in the lands of the revolutionaries themselves. We must appeal to Heaven to stop it and be prepared to help stop it, confident in our Lord’s promise that those gates shall not prevail and that his Church will not fail. https://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.p...the-church
Let me guess...unhinged, vituperative outliers...Mark Shea and Simcha Fisher, right?  (I cant take a risk opening a link to their work. I can’t tell what it is without clicking on it and don’t want to throw up right now). Finding one of their articles is like finding a dead rat that a dog brought into the house, and left on your pillow.
Oops! :LOL:
They talk of the Synod being stacked and manipulated. I have read that was the same case at Vatican I when they pounded through Papal Infallibility.

It seems who was there was heavily influenced, and the change of votes needed to pass something. This is all nothing new.
I’ve never read anyone being upset with Vatican I or papal infallibility except for non-Catholics.
(11-25-2018, 08:02 AM)Some Guy Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve never read anyone being upset with Vatican I or papal infallibility except for non-Catholics.

That's cause they are no longer in the Church. The Old Catholic "Church" was the schism of those who refused to accept the doctrine of Papal Infallibility. Fr Doellinger was one of the most prominent, influential priests and theologians at the time, who rejected the dogma, was excommunicated, and prevented a massive schism in Bavaria by refusing to be consecrated as a bishop in the "Old Catholic Church".
(11-25-2018, 08:02 AM)Some Guy Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve never read anyone being upset with Vatican I or papal infallibility except for non-Catholics.

Just an observation.  When I read more about Vatican I, it seemed it was heavily stacked to pass what it did, with select bishops present, and the change on how voting only now needed a simple majority, a lowering of a standard.

If we are upset about it happening now, why not then?

I guess given the utter failure of the Church I am quite upset and questioning. It looks like a network of sin of commission and omission. I am just having a hard time seeing the Church as I wish - it appears to me to be an Institution first and foremost, and spiritual body second.

I know our deacon has said at confirmation, half the kids don't belong there - but nobody ever says anything. Almost nobody goes to the confession that is offered for 15 minutes once a week - but hundreds go for communion.

It appears even those in charge don't really believe what the Church says. It keeps looking like more of an institution rather than a spiritual family.
(11-25-2018, 09:15 AM)Markie Boy Wrote: [ -> ]It appears even those in charge don't really believe what the Church says.  

And there you have summed up the present crisis in a nutshell.
(11-25-2018, 10:49 AM)Bonaventure Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2018, 09:15 AM)Markie Boy Wrote: [ -> ]It appears even those in charge don't really believe what the Church says.  

And there you have summed up the present crisis in a nutshell.

I figured that was a big element.

One thing I long for is a good faith community, one with clear and orthodox teaching - but with no leader to teach and pull it together how's that going to happen?
(11-25-2018, 09:15 AM)Markie Boy Wrote: [ -> ]

Just an observation.  When I read more about Vatican I, it seemed it was heavily stacked to pass what it did, with select bishops present, and the change on how voting only now needed a simple majority, a lowering of a standard.

If we are upset about it happening now, why not then?

Well first and foremost, Vatican I formally defined things that pertain to faith and morals, Vatican II didn’t.

But that’s just semantics, amiright!? Who cares about understanding how infallibility works for councils and popes when we can just say crap, conflate crap, and see what crap sticks! I know! Because things are rough, let’s start our own church! Because that’ll be so much closer to the Truth!  :dodgy:
Pages: 1 2