FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Anyone know any traditional prayers to St. Dymphna?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Haven't been able to turn up any traditional prayers online. Is it customary to just pray, X Paters, Aves and Glorias when imploring the intercession of a saint without a traditional prayer or devotion associated with them? If you happen to know any Latin prayers to this saint, please let me know. Thanks.
(11-26-2018, 10:53 PM)roverbeck Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't been able to turn up any traditional prayers online. Is it customary to just pray, X Paters, Aves and Glorias when imploring the intercession of a saint without a traditional prayer or devotion associated with them? If you happen to know any Latin prayers to this saint, please let me know. Thanks.

I'd like to have them also. Thanks in advance for those who have them.
You can be consistent with tradition to create your own prayer to a saint, by formulating it on the basis of The Our Father. Acknowledge Him, the sacredness of His name, His place with respect to salvation, then request what need you have to be satisfied by Him, to avoid temptation and sin, and forgiveness as an acknowledgement of our own sin, and to be forgiving toward those for whatever cross we have been given to bare, to be delivered from it. St. Dymphna pray for us.
(11-27-2018, 05:45 AM)lessthanholy Wrote: [ -> ]You can be consistent with tradition to create your own prayer to a saint, by formulating it on the basis of The Our Father.  Acknowledge Him, the sacredness of His name, His place with respect to salvation, then request what need you have to be satisfied by Him, to avoid temptation and sin, and forgiveness as an acknowledgement of our own sin, and to be forgiving toward those for whatever cross we have been given to bare, to be delivered from it.  St. Dymphna pray for us.

I understand. When it comes to vocal prayer though, I am just more comfortable using a traditional formula as opposed to coming up with my own.
then request what need you have to be satisfied by Him, to avoid temptation and sin, and forgiveness as an acknowledgement of our own sin, and to be forgiving toward those for whatever cross we have been given to bare, to be delivered from it.  St. Dymphna pray for us.

I really like this. In my struggles with sin, mental illness, and addictions, I find sometimes the lines between them are not always apparent. In the past year I have been challenged by a suggestion to do my best and to pray for the grace to forgive from my heart those who abused me sexually, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. It’s a long process, probably the rest of my life and a long time in purgatory. I find it has helped me to focus less on what happened to me and how it damaged me and focus more on opening my heart to forgiveness. 

As a side note of testimony St Philomena has been a true friend in these issues.